Nice Truck
By Ryan on
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)
The company assigned this vehicle to me - bare bones XL Long Box 4x4 with the Powerstroke. I put the first 5000 miles on it and must say overall I love it! I ranked the interior lower because it's an XL with the plastic seats and zero options. I'd love a Lariat. The Powerstroke feels like it can tow a house and it is quick when it needs to be (after slight turbo lag). The suspension is set up to be loaded with 2000 lbs, so at freeway speed unloaded, it is "bouncy". I have climbed rocky slopes with a 6000lb trailer hooked up without even needing 4x4. This truck is a beast! Visibility is great for such a large truck. You're going to have to pay for the big rig in gas though...
Favorite Features
Big truck exterior design, Powerstroke power and quickness, towing hookup and trailer brake controls, mp3 cd player and mp3 player input, 4 accessory switches. The turbo sounds awesome. I love everything about my Super Duty except the few more mpg it needs to be a daily driver.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage! Come on, even this big of a truck shouldn't average 12mpg on diesel! Thank God the company buys my gas. And most of my driving is freeway. 12mpg is the reason the tank is 38 gallons. I don't have to uproot trees every day. Give me 16-17mpg avg on diesel and I'd love it in every way.