Great Truck - 1st Diesel
By Urocyon on
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)
Great truck. My first diesel. Only 3,000 miles on the truck so far. Lots of power. A very smooth running truck and quick off the line. Just completed a 2,500 mile round trip from southern California to New Mexico and averaged 15 mpg on the trip over and 16+ mpg on the way back, traveling 70- 75 miles per hour the entire trip and climbing 7,500 ft. passes along the way. Only 9-10 mpg around town. This is not a truck for running errands around town, but met my expectations for a long road trip. I have been told to expect the mileage to improve as the engine breaks in and it seems to be heading that way. The truck ran very well, very comfortable, very quiet and reliable.
Favorite Features
Great looks, very comfortable. Folding mirrors, cabin refinements, 20 inch tires and rims, quiet diesel, overall visibility, nice solid interior, step on tail gate. Quiet running. Had my truck running near my friend's older super duty with diesel. His truck was much louder than mine.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the mileage. Improve the navigation system. This is my 3rd vehicle with a navigation system, the other two being GM products. The GM navigation system is definitely more sophisticated. The Ford Nav system has fewer features, does not calculate the best route.