Used 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

11.8 mpg
By frenchy

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 F350 4x4 King Ranch LWB 5.4L. This is my second diesel and definitely my last Ford diesel. Last one was a 2004 F350 that did about 18.4 mpg and then I get this low sulfur petro burning sponge at best demonstrated 11.8 mpg. Yeah I would probably get 13mpg @ 65 mph but I am in TX and the speed limit is 70-80 on the interstate. I have taken it to the dealer and all they can say is be patient it will get better. Wrong answer. For a 50K truck I better get results. The dealer has given me cash, free tank of gas, free oil change, and other things but Ford engineers screwed up big time on the MPG in 2008. I should have went back to Chevy with a dura

MPG. That emissions cleaning system that blows white smoke when it cleans the intake out. It looks like you blew an engine going into turn one.

Overall good truck
By Tony Reaves

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had my King Ranch for 2 weeks now. Gas mileage is as expected around 12.5 mpg for mainly all highway driving. This vehicle lacks many options that should be standard for a truck of this price, but it is the best looking truck on the market right now. I had to add some options after market that could be standard. Overall, seems like it will be a great truck.

Instrument gauge cluster, large center console, Bold styling, interior space, King Ranch seats are the best on the market. Reverse camera is a nice option. Tow command is a nice option to have with the "AUX" upfitter switches.

Needs car seat latch anchors, much larger garbage container (it is useless due to size.) Daytime running lights. Radio/Nav package is over priced for quality. Much better to use aftermarket equipment for radio/nav and bluetooth. "Auto" up/down function for all windows.

Strong truck
By BILL

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great looking truck with lots of power. It has been a wonderful experience to own one so far. The towing mileage could be better but driving on the open road I get 18 mpg at 64 mph.

Interior/exterior styling. Great engine performance.

Better towing mileage.

Talked my husband into this truck
By triciah2001

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I talked my husband into this truck from being a pure Chevy man. I doubt I'll ever get another. We haul a 26 foot gear box, got tons of power to move it at 5.6 miles/gall. empty on flat freeway! Now we've got power steering issues on top of radiator issues not to mention we have to carrying a load of back up fuses for hauling because they tend to blow. Hauling my 3 horse with my Sub. I get 13+, same thing with diesel maybe 8.

Like the mirrors and room

Fuel mileage. It's a joke

Good but could be great
By JDA

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my sixth new Ford truck and third new Super Duty. Just picked up my 2008 SD King Ranch 4WD SB last week. Not impressed yet with my first diesel. Getting just under 13 in town without a heavy foot. Ordered this with most everything, so very nice. Hard to deal with the lack of throttle response. Seems like diesel is working way too hard to move truck up to highway speed and could be related to base weight and 3.73. Pushing 3.55 to boost economy = dog. Light tan interior is impossible to keep clean. SD FX4 lacks premium interior option like F-150 FX4.

Better tow mirrors, lower headlights, rear camera option, better audio options, updated interior, hydro boost brakes, wide mounted fog lights, memory package, bed extender, quieter diesel, chrome package, 08 20" rims, improved gauge cluster and message display, rear ride stability, rear floor vents

Overall cost is too high, six speed tranny, bring back mini glove box, useful rear seat anchor points, better fuel economy, dark interior on Lariat and King Ranch, cheaper NAV radio, bring back colors and rebates for Harley, satellite radio that supports XM and Sirius, rear storage and better cup holders