Used 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Best truck on the market!
By chris

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought a 2008 F250 with a 6.4L diesel engine. This is my favorite truck I have ever owned. I am averaging about 18mpg (towing or not) not to bad for a 3/4 ton that hasn't even been broken in yet! This truck has all the bells and whistles on it, and with the leather it is a very comfortable ride! Whoever thought up the built in trailer brake controller with tow command needs a raise. This truck is a towing and hauling machine. I've owned Chevy and Dodge and they don't even compare to this beast! When It comes to towing, comfortability, and just plain overall quality, the Ford takes the cake hands down. I couldn't be happier with the product.

Tow haul with integrated trailer brake controller

08 F-250
By nothwoods

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought it for a work truck, it has a fisher plow, and it's absolutely the best truck I've ever had. My only complaint is the cheap plastic strip at the top of the tailgate which I've broken twice in under a year, loading bikes and sleds. otherwise I think ford got it right this time!

My truck has A/C and power windows, otherwise stripped as far as creature comforts, I just like the Ford philosophy of truck building, which is to use lots of steel.

Fix the tailgate top!

White Elephant
By caddgeek

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Driveability - abysmally dangerous. The engine decelerates at irregular, random rates making shifting incredibly challenging. Shifts on flat road may take up to 5 seconds to complete (on uphill grades, they might only be done by slipping the clutch). Truck will accelerate by itself to over 2500RPM even in gear. Engine braking is negligible and may turn into acceleration. Dealer says this is normal. The shifter Low/Reverse lockout works sporadically. The fuel tank sloshes when over half-full (sounds like a loose baffle). Truck is taller than the 6'8" specs so wont fit in most garages. Fuel hog despite advanced technology. Engine vibrates. Roof drains into open door or window, onto switches!

Coil-sprung solid front axle with locking hubs. Manual transmission available unlike GM. Decent optional radio.

Fix the computer so the truck is safe, let alone reasonable to drive. Make it 2" shorter so it can fit into parking garages. Improve the mileage. Fix engine vibration. Enlarge the foot wells. Move trailer plug to a less vulnerable place (It's currently the lowest on the rear of a 4x4). Nuke box caps

Ford Tough
By Bobby

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought a Ford F240 Lariat with a power 6.4 powerstroke diesel 2 weeks ago. Took it a on short road trip for 200 miles. Averaged 18.1 to the gallon. Not bad for a truck not even broken in yet. It has all the bells and whistles and with the leather interior its a nice ride. In town been averaging around 11 miles to the gallon, hopefully that will improve with time. Also towed my 6000 (dry weight) lbs SeaRay Cabin Cruise with ease and the integrated braking towing system is awesome. Ford builds'em better and tougher!

Towing capacity, rear view camera, plush interior.

Lower the prices

6.4 Crewcab King Ranch
By fordguy

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Switched from 07 GMC and this truck is so much nicer inside and out. Biggest sharpest looking truck on the road. I'm a baseball player and this truck has plenty of room to move all my stuff and 2 dogs to spring training. I'm 6'4" and have plenty of room in the cab. Folding back seats very convenient. Gas mileage is what I expected 17 to 17.5 on the highway and around 13 in town. Ride is much smoother than the GMC, and has a better turning radius.

Satellite radio, King Ranch leather, Ipod hookup, heated seats and mirrors, large interior, and exterior look.

Emissions cleaning system could be more efficent, but mine is working better than friends that have Chevy and Dodge trucks.