2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
No lag here
By stan on 01/02/08 14:12 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I traded up after my 2006 deisel was totaled. If I had only known I would have gotten one sooner! No noticeable turbo lag with new set up. Interior is much nicer although upfitter switches get in the way of cup holders.

Good - Could be better.
By Don on 12/13/07 20:44 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great looking truck inside and out. Great features such as the tailgate step. Performance has been so-so and currently have a problem with turbo that must be diagnosed.

Everything I Expected
By nomorefords4me on 11/08/07 10:00 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Averaging 10-11 mpg mostly freeway driving. Exhaust billows out of tailpipe on cold mornings. 10k miles and the interior squeaks while on-road driving. Window leaks water and air whistles when rolled up. Currently have an exhaust problem - blue smoke comes out during engine warm up and leaves traffic behind me in a cloud.

2008 F-250 Lariat 6.4L
By 2008 F-250 Lariat on 11/06/07 19:09 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Nice ride and drive. Not as strong as expected. Interior is first class for a truck and by far the best looking truck. 6.4L is not as strong as I thought it would be and transmission stinks. Mine has allready been at the dealership for a transmission reprogram. Fuel economy is awful.

Nice Truck
By Ryan on 10/19/07 04:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The company assigned this vehicle to me - bare bones XL Long Box 4x4 with the Powerstroke. I put the first 5000 miles on it and must say overall I love it! I ranked the interior lower because it's an XL with the plastic seats and zero options. I'd love a Lariat. The Powerstroke feels like it can tow a house and it is quick when it needs to be (after slight turbo lag). The suspension is set up to be loaded with 2000 lbs, so at freeway speed unloaded, it is "bouncy". I have climbed rocky slopes with a 6000lb trailer hooked up without even needing 4x4. This truck is a beast! Visibility is great for such a large truck. You're going to have to pay for the big rig in gas though...

Ford F 250 diesel King Ranch
By Coolmark8 on 10/13/07 17:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Traded our 2005 F150 for the 2008 F 250 King Ranch Diesel. We needed more power to tow our 9000 pound trailer. What an awesome truck. This truck was able to pull our trailer up mountains that were almost straight up for miles on end and it didn't even whimper. Best decision we ever made. Hope to take King Kong (its pet name) up and down many more mountains in the near future.

Poor Fuel Economy
By Gary Harris on 09/27/07 14:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Absolutely the worst fuel economy of any truck I have ever owned! I only get 7 miles per gallon towing a utility trailer Ford should be embarrassed. Ford's response to me when I questioned the gas mileage was they are not responsible for mileage. You bought it, you own it, as long as it meets "factory specs" it's my problem. $48,000 truck and I get 12 MPG daily and 7 MPG towing and Ford says there is nothing wrong. I will unload this thing ASAP and never buy another Ford. The fuel tank is not only smaller than my 2005 F250 but at 7 MPG my effective range is about 125-150 miles..wow doesn't that make travel fun

One Month and Counting
By FDA3 on 09/26/07 14:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Wow, this thing gets up and goes! It handles rough terrain with ease, and feels like my wife's Maxima on the highway. Love it, love it, love it!

Great Truck
By Jim L on 08/07/07 14:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my Super Duty for five months and I truly love it. The diesel is so quite. This summer while on vaction we were stopped for road construction and the sign lady came over to talk to us. She commented how quite the diesel was. On that trip we towed our trailer which is 11,200 lbs over two 11,000 ft passes. We had lots of power. The tow/haul feature is really nice. The ride is very comfortable and the truck is a lot of fun to drive. At times parking can be rought.

Biggiest Truck on the road
By Biggest on the road on 07/28/07 16:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2001 Ford F350 7.3 for this new (2008 Ford F450 6.4 twin turbo 4.88 Rear end) and will never look back. This truck pulls like a dream and I cant even feel my 12,000 lbs trailer full of construction tools behind this beautiful truck. Every time I fill up pepole stop and ask about it although the only complaint is the 10 MPG it is well worth it!! I now have 4800 miles and 225 hours on this great engine and can't complain after only 1 month in service its in for a long haul.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.