2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Best Super Duty Yet
By ron panna on 04/28/08 14:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned Ford F-250's since the 70's, usually buying a new one with every body change. don't use every day, however need a heavy truck to pull equipment weekly and a large boat a few times a year. This is my first diesel & automatic tranny and other than the fuel usage it is a great extremely quiet engine with exceptional acceleration. My previous was a 99 super duty with a V-10 w/ 5 speed OD tranny and no regrets there either. Best truck I have ever owned. Dodge, GMC & Chevy aren't even in the same leaguewith this beautiful beast.

Great truck
By crash7007 on 03/30/08 07:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have 3500 miles on this truck and im averaging 16 to 17 mpg in town and over 20 mpg on the highway with no mods except I use diesel kleen in the fuel. I do granny the throttle but with so much power you dont need to act like every time you accelerate its a 0-60 drag race. Also I put 70psi cold pressure in my 20" stock tires and it seems to help a lot. But overall it's a great truck and I love. I also plan on putting a air intake system which should help even more.

MPG will kill you
By W on 03/17/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck for pulling a trailer. Far superior to any Chevy truck I ever owned. Comfortable, looks great, rides nice, quiet (for a diesel), but I'm getting 9 mpg currently. Hoping for more as I add more miles to the odometer. At $4/gallon for diesel these days, who can afford to drive one of these bad boys?

Where is the fuel economy
By Horrible mileage on 02/13/08 23:00 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

OK I will admit I have an 6 inch lift with 37 inch tires but i get no better than 12mpg going easy on the throttle on the frwy and 7 mpg pulling my 7000 lb trailer(total B.S.). My V10 did better than this, what gives? Is changing the gear ratio to 4.30 the ticket for some improvement over the 3.73. This truck is history unless something comes out about improving the mileage

Great Truck, But...
By JoeVacs on 02/13/08 12:00 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

6.4L diesel crew cab, Lariat. I love everything about this truck, except the poor fuel economy. Starts from the line and will blow the doors off most everything except the cars that are supposed to be fast. Very fun to drive, and loads of power to pull whatever I want to pull. I have 10,000 miles on it now and average 11.8mpg. I was hoping for atleast 16-18. I know people with the old 7.3liter that get over 20mpg. That's what I was hoping for. Maybe after it get broke in good it will do better. I contrast, A Nissan Titan only gets 12mpg, and it won't pull even half what this one will. Also, I love Ford's keypad on the door. You never have to worry about locking yourself out.

Expected more
By steveo on 02/10/08 09:47 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The truck has some great features. It drives and handles great. It will pass everything except a station. I have had the truck 7 months and have put over 10k in fuel. When pulling I have a average mpg of 3-5 and empty 9-11. Now it's falling apart new grille, door handle, radiator, trailer wiring shorted out. I have owned Fords all my life. It's all I have ever had. This will be the last.

Fords rule
By PATRIOT FAN on 01/31/08 17:21 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I previously owned an F350 5.4 gas engine, and now have the 6.4 liter diesel and i am overwhelmed with power and performance. Having also owned a Chevy the Ford beats it hands down! The only low point is the fuel mileage at 10-11 mpg. But overall this truck is the mack daddy!

Ford Rules
By dj on 01/17/08 10:34 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Ford Pick up but my first diesel. I've pulled travel trailers for a few years and have been pleased with the performence of my Fords. Went to a 250 this time and wasn't disapointed with how much fun it is to pull with. Have considered the competition but in the end Ford knows how to build a man's truck... As I see in other reviews I will say the same when it comes to mileage and I too am expecting better than 12 to 14 city and 17 to 18 highway. Only 8,000 miles on it and am told that it will improve after about 20 to 25,000 ? We'll see

Nice Truck but don't forget to gas up
By Bill on 01/08/08 21:55 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned Ford trucks since the 70's and was always a ford person. MY 2002 powerstroke was the best truck i ever had. The 2008 diesel has a lot of power but terrible fuel econony - and that's and understatement.They moved the engine into the cab resulting in less room in the interior - no back seat room for the third person. There's no side pouches or creature comforts for anyone riding in the back.

True Trucks!
By earl on 01/06/08 14:19 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the most comfortable truck I have owned. It takes a hard beating daily and comes back every day. The 5.4 liter can be deceiving but the torqeshift transmission compliments it well. Can't complain for getting a $41,000 truck for $29,000. There's only one reason a manufacturer would offer a lifetime or 100,000 mile warranty, having trouble selling them. Think about that.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.