Used 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Radiatior leaks everywhere
By Bruce

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Have a F-450 with 52k miles. Spent $1400 dollars yesterday to replace the radiator which was leaking, the 4 o- rings and clips which were leaking, and the line behind one of the EGRs was leaking. My wife is pissed and ain't talking to me. I also get a whooping 9.7 mpg and when I installed a Superchip programmer the truck locked out. Had to have it towed and reprogrammed, so be careful with after market programmers. Truck itself is beautiful and the turning radius is awesome, but it does spend a lot of time in the shop.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Get a better radiator system.

Awesome Truck
By happy guy

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love the 6.4 Diesel. Best truck i've owned. So solid and powerful its like cheating the vehicle in tow. Makes bid loads feel like my sons tonka toys. Ford has done it again.

Favorite Features

Power, mirrors, rock solid frame, solid front axle, great breaks, rear camera

Suggested Improvements

better fuel mileage. I'm getting 12 in city and 17 on hwy.

Two turbos one was better
By ernurse

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the 4th pu I have owned from Ford. This is my lest favorite. It hesitates with fuel injection when you are passing. My favorite was the 96. The leather seats are very uncomfortable even teenagers complain. Poor mileage. Last truck got 20. The bst I have gotten is 14.7 Very disappointed. Interior is nice and roomy. Don't like the height of the truck. 20 in wheels have shimmy when you go over bumps. Incredibly rough. If I could afford to, I would trade it in.

Favorite Features

heated seats woohoo

Suggested Improvements

increased comfort of seats, work on the suspension, decrease height and engine performance

Beautiful, fun truck
By jason

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had a lot of trucks and by far this is the best one. This is my first diesel so I'm still in uncharted waters but so far I'm very impressed and I think you would be too. Tons of power and just an overall great styling truck. Fuel mileage is what you would expect with a big diesel but in comparison with my old 04 Dodge Ram 1500 with the Hemi and AWD it's almost the same. Around 13-16 on highway. And 10 in city. Ford did a great job by redoing the mirrors for easy seeing. Truck rides nice on the highway and the engine never lets you down.

Favorite Features

The raw power. Huge interior. Safe feeling size. The exhaust cleaning system. I love the tow command and the fact that aux switches are already installed and wired up

Suggested Improvements

None really.

Happy
By adam

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck. The 6.4 diesel is very strong. Not as fast as Chevy but this is a real truck weighing in at more than 900lbs heavier than the Chevy 3/4ton. I drove them all and this truck feels much more solid than the Dodge or Chevy. Fuel mileage is 16-17 on hwy and 12-14 in city. Truck is comfortable. I normally drive 1/2 ton trucks so handling and driving is a little worse than what I'm used to but this goes for all the diesel trucks. I love the room this truck offers.

Favorite Features

Best sounding diesel, room, rear camera, looks inside and out, very solid feeling. I think I could move my house if needed. Great engine and tranny! Awesome engine sound.

Suggested Improvements

Improve fuel mileage, better steering, telescoping steering wheel (in and out).