2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Super Sized
By Richard on 09/02/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My last full sized pickup was in 1979 and it was a Ford. I recently sold a Class A 36 foot diesel pusher motor home with a 350 Cat and an Allison transmission, and I wanted to down size and pull a 30ft 5th wheel trailer. Looks, comfort, visibility,craftsmanship, paint, raw power, transmission, tow mode - all better then expected.Did I mention the power - a 10 plus! My pick-up is a 4X4 with 1800 miles on the truck, from sea level to 5500 feet altitude in 270 miles, pulling the 5th wheel trailer the trucks trip computer says 8.0 mpg at 65 MPH. In town average 13-14 mpg. I got 7-8 MPG with the motor home and lived in the slow lane. Towing at 70 MPH up hill with my Super Duty is effortless.

Great Truck - 1st Diesel
By Urocyon on 07/26/08 21:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck. My first diesel. Only 3,000 miles on the truck so far. Lots of power. A very smooth running truck and quick off the line. Just completed a 2,500 mile round trip from southern California to New Mexico and averaged 15 mpg on the trip over and 16+ mpg on the way back, traveling 70- 75 miles per hour the entire trip and climbing 7,500 ft. passes along the way. Only 9-10 mpg around town. This is not a truck for running errands around town, but met my expectations for a long road trip. I have been told to expect the mileage to improve as the engine breaks in and it seems to be heading that way. The truck ran very well, very comfortable, very quiet and reliable.

11.8 mpg
By frenchy on 06/17/08 10:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 F350 4x4 King Ranch LWB 5.4L. This is my second diesel and definitely my last Ford diesel. Last one was a 2004 F350 that did about 18.4 mpg and then I get this low sulfur petro burning sponge at best demonstrated 11.8 mpg. Yeah I would probably get 13mpg @ 65 mph but I am in TX and the speed limit is 70-80 on the interstate. I have taken it to the dealer and all they can say is be patient it will get better. Wrong answer. For a 50K truck I better get results. The dealer has given me cash, free tank of gas, free oil change, and other things but Ford engineers screwed up big time on the MPG in 2008. I should have went back to Chevy with a dura

Overall good truck
By Tony Reaves on 06/07/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had my King Ranch for 2 weeks now. Gas mileage is as expected around 12.5 mpg for mainly all highway driving. This vehicle lacks many options that should be standard for a truck of this price, but it is the best looking truck on the market right now. I had to add some options after market that could be standard. Overall, seems like it will be a great truck.

Strong truck
By BILL on 06/02/08 09:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great looking truck with lots of power. It has been a wonderful experience to own one so far. The towing mileage could be better but driving on the open road I get 18 mpg at 64 mph.

Talked my husband into this truck
By triciah2001 on 05/26/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XL 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I talked my husband into this truck from being a pure Chevy man. I doubt I'll ever get another. We haul a 26 foot gear box, got tons of power to move it at 5.6 miles/gall. empty on flat freeway! Now we've got power steering issues on top of radiator issues not to mention we have to carrying a load of back up fuses for hauling because they tend to blow. Hauling my 3 horse with my Sub. I get 13+, same thing with diesel maybe 8.

Good but could be great
By JDA on 05/23/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my sixth new Ford truck and third new Super Duty. Just picked up my 2008 SD King Ranch 4WD SB last week. Not impressed yet with my first diesel. Getting just under 13 in town without a heavy foot. Ordered this with most everything, so very nice. Hard to deal with the lack of throttle response. Seems like diesel is working way too hard to move truck up to highway speed and could be related to base weight and 3.73. Pushing 3.55 to boost economy = dog. Light tan interior is impossible to keep clean. SD FX4 lacks premium interior option like F-150 FX4.

Great truck
By crash7007 on 03/30/08 07:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have 3500 miles on this truck and im averaging 16 to 17 mpg in town and over 20 mpg on the highway with no mods except I use diesel kleen in the fuel. I do granny the throttle but with so much power you dont need to act like every time you accelerate its a 0-60 drag race. Also I put 70psi cold pressure in my 20" stock tires and it seems to help a lot. But overall it's a great truck and I love. I also plan on putting a air intake system which should help even more.

Where is the fuel economy
By Horrible mileage on 02/13/08 23:00 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

OK I will admit I have an 6 inch lift with 37 inch tires but i get no better than 12mpg going easy on the throttle on the frwy and 7 mpg pulling my 7000 lb trailer(total B.S.). My V10 did better than this, what gives? Is changing the gear ratio to 4.30 the ticket for some improvement over the 3.73. This truck is history unless something comes out about improving the mileage

Great Truck, But...
By JoeVacs on 02/13/08 12:00 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

6.4L diesel crew cab, Lariat. I love everything about this truck, except the poor fuel economy. Starts from the line and will blow the doors off most everything except the cars that are supposed to be fast. Very fun to drive, and loads of power to pull whatever I want to pull. I have 10,000 miles on it now and average 11.8mpg. I was hoping for atleast 16-18. I know people with the old 7.3liter that get over 20mpg. That's what I was hoping for. Maybe after it get broke in good it will do better. I contrast, A Nissan Titan only gets 12mpg, and it won't pull even half what this one will. Also, I love Ford's keypad on the door. You never have to worry about locking yourself out.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.