Used 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Brakes drags
By BK

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Good truck, gas mileage terrible!!!! Having trouble with right front brake dragging (rim gets coal black in 1000 miles), 2 dealers both refusing to make repairs "can't get paid from Ford, because it'snot bad enough). Ford's 800# customer service is very bad,they just want to get you off the phone. I guess I'll have to pay for repair myself despite the warranty. I will never buy another Ford!

Tough built

Turning radius bad, gas mieage terrible, Ford customer service stinks refuse to help customers.

I wish I had not gotten rid of my Dodge!
By Welder

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck used in 2009, had 20k miles,I have had to take the truck into the dealership 3 times due to the check engine light. The firts time I towed our toyhuler I blew a head gasket, we spent over 6k in repairs within the 1st year of owning this truck. This is the first FORD truck I own and I have a feeling it will be the last! I owned a 02 Dodge Ram 1500 and NEVER had to take in to the dealership for anything but regular maintance. Oh yeah almost forgot the MPG sucks.

Its a beautiful truck, comfortable, love the power side mirrors,towed great for the first few hours could not even tell I was towing.

Build a more reliable engine and better fuel economy.

fuel mileage stinks
By Jimbo

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I put a Bank's toaner on it to improve fuel mileage and the dealership blames everything that goes wrong on the tuner. I had to take it off. With the tuner I got 21+ mpg hwy, 18mpg in town. Without tuner 12.5 Hwy., 8.5 around town. I do not understand why ford won't offer something that can improve the mpg.

Teh The towing of anything

Partnership with Bank's Power. Then you could not mention cumming's or Duramax in the same paragraph with FORD.

I love it!!!
By CMT

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love my truck.. I moved up for the f150 to the f250 for power and towing. I am very impressed with truck..

Power.. smooth ride for f250

???? not any

Radiatior leaks everywhere
By Bruce

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Have a F-450 with 52k miles. Spent $1400 dollars yesterday to replace the radiator which was leaking, the 4 o- rings and clips which were leaking, and the line behind one of the EGRs was leaking. My wife is pissed and ain't talking to me. I also get a whooping 9.7 mpg and when I installed a Superchip programmer the truck locked out. Had to have it towed and reprogrammed, so be careful with after market programmers. Truck itself is beautiful and the turning radius is awesome, but it does spend a lot of time in the shop.

Get a better radiator system.