2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Solid Truck
By BWL on 02/07/09 02:54 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

No problems so far. Diesel is not for the economy minded as this is a heavy vehicle not to mention all the new emission controls the engine has to deal with. Feels solid as a tank. Very happy with purchase.

Better off with a Chevy
By Chuck on 01/23/09 16:12 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The truck rides rough. You feel every bump in the road and on the tracks. The truck will lag at acceleration. If you try to pass a slow moving vehicle or enter the highway, the truck's RPMs will lug and you have to pull over so you don't cause an accident. The truck's steering wheel doesn't move up or down to make the cluster visible. The seat is a simple bench seat, so if you have to move the seat forward or backwards you the passenger isn't comfortable. Gas mileage isn't up to par. I maybe getting 12-13MPG at best. If you need a new truck buy a Chevy.

Happy
By adam on 12/28/08 18:18 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck. The 6.4 diesel is very strong. Not as fast as Chevy but this is a real truck weighing in at more than 900lbs heavier than the Chevy 3/4ton. I drove them all and this truck feels much more solid than the Dodge or Chevy. Fuel mileage is 16-17 on hwy and 12-14 in city. Truck is comfortable. I normally drive 1/2 ton trucks so handling and driving is a little worse than what I'm used to but this goes for all the diesel trucks. I love the room this truck offers.

Best truck on the market!
By chris on 12/23/08 12:09 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought a 2008 F250 with a 6.4L diesel engine. This is my favorite truck I have ever owned. I am averaging about 18mpg (towing or not) not to bad for a 3/4 ton that hasn't even been broken in yet! This truck has all the bells and whistles on it, and with the leather it is a very comfortable ride! Whoever thought up the built in trailer brake controller with tow command needs a raise. This truck is a towing and hauling machine. I've owned Chevy and Dodge and they don't even compare to this beast! When It comes to towing, comfortability, and just plain overall quality, the Ford takes the cake hands down. I couldn't be happier with the product.

08 F-250
By nothwoods on 12/20/08 15:58 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought it for a work truck, it has a fisher plow, and it's absolutely the best truck I've ever had. My only complaint is the cheap plastic strip at the top of the tailgate which I've broken twice in under a year, loading bikes and sleds. otherwise I think ford got it right this time!

White Elephant
By caddgeek on 12/04/08 19:13 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Driveability - abysmally dangerous. The engine decelerates at irregular, random rates making shifting incredibly challenging. Shifts on flat road may take up to 5 seconds to complete (on uphill grades, they might only be done by slipping the clutch). Truck will accelerate by itself to over 2500RPM even in gear. Engine braking is negligible and may turn into acceleration. Dealer says this is normal. The shifter Low/Reverse lockout works sporadically. The fuel tank sloshes when over half-full (sounds like a loose baffle). Truck is taller than the 6'8" specs so wont fit in most garages. Fuel hog despite advanced technology. Engine vibrates. Roof drains into open door or window, onto switches!

Ford Tough
By Bobby on 11/09/08 16:17 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought a Ford F240 Lariat with a power 6.4 powerstroke diesel 2 weeks ago. Took it a on short road trip for 200 miles. Averaged 18.1 to the gallon. Not bad for a truck not even broken in yet. It has all the bells and whistles and with the leather interior its a nice ride. In town been averaging around 11 miles to the gallon, hopefully that will improve with time. Also towed my 6000 (dry weight) lbs SeaRay Cabin Cruise with ease and the integrated braking towing system is awesome. Ford builds'em better and tougher!

6.4 Crewcab King Ranch
By fordguy on 10/22/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Switched from 07 GMC and this truck is so much nicer inside and out. Biggest sharpest looking truck on the road. I'm a baseball player and this truck has plenty of room to move all my stuff and 2 dogs to spring training. I'm 6'4" and have plenty of room in the cab. Folding back seats very convenient. Gas mileage is what I expected 17 to 17.5 on the highway and around 13 in town. Ride is much smoother than the GMC, and has a better turning radius.

It was time to buy
By rabbithunter31 on 10/08/08 01:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've always wanted an F-250, so I purchased the Lariat crew cab short bed, with the gas v-8. I've had it for 2 months so far, I'm getting about 12 in city, and 14 on the highway (what I expected) Best riding heavy duty I've ever ridden in, and best looking exterior on the market! Seats are very comfortable, brakes are good, and although it's a heavy truck, the acceleration is a little sluggish. Great to drive on long trips. If your in the market for a heavy duty truck, you're not going to beat the Ford 250.

Drove cross country
By m on 09/08/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I drove cross country in my husbands' 08 truck within a couple of days purchasing it brand new. 6.4, dual turbo, 250 4x4 Lariat. It never missed a beat. I drove from California to Alabama. I test drove and rode in several diffrent trucks and brands. When I got to Alabama, I ask one of my friends to hook his trailer with a big tractor on it to see how it towed. He has a Dodge and was impressed this truck. Then I drove it back to California. I was not easy on this truck for a minute. If there was somthing wrong with I wanted to know before my husband returned from raq. I can thankfully say he now has a work horse, no problems that I could find and very comfortable to drive and ride in.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.