2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Awesome Truck
By happy guy on 06/15/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love the 6.4 Diesel. Best truck i've owned. So solid and powerful its like cheating the vehicle in tow. Makes bid loads feel like my sons tonka toys. Ford has done it again.

Two turbos one was better
By ernurse on 05/01/09 14:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the 4th pu I have owned from Ford. This is my lest favorite. It hesitates with fuel injection when you are passing. My favorite was the 96. The leather seats are very uncomfortable even teenagers complain. Poor mileage. Last truck got 20. The bst I have gotten is 14.7 Very disappointed. Interior is nice and roomy. Don't like the height of the truck. 20 in wheels have shimmy when you go over bumps. Incredibly rough. If I could afford to, I would trade it in.

Beautiful, fun truck
By jason on 02/22/09 07:45 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had a lot of trucks and by far this is the best one. This is my first diesel so I'm still in uncharted waters but so far I'm very impressed and I think you would be too. Tons of power and just an overall great styling truck. Fuel mileage is what you would expect with a big diesel but in comparison with my old 04 Dodge Ram 1500 with the Hemi and AWD it's almost the same. Around 13-16 on highway. And 10 in city. Ford did a great job by redoing the mirrors for easy seeing. Truck rides nice on the highway and the engine never lets you down.

Happy
By adam on 12/28/08 18:18 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck. The 6.4 diesel is very strong. Not as fast as Chevy but this is a real truck weighing in at more than 900lbs heavier than the Chevy 3/4ton. I drove them all and this truck feels much more solid than the Dodge or Chevy. Fuel mileage is 16-17 on hwy and 12-14 in city. Truck is comfortable. I normally drive 1/2 ton trucks so handling and driving is a little worse than what I'm used to but this goes for all the diesel trucks. I love the room this truck offers.

Best truck on the market!
By chris on 12/23/08 12:09 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought a 2008 F250 with a 6.4L diesel engine. This is my favorite truck I have ever owned. I am averaging about 18mpg (towing or not) not to bad for a 3/4 ton that hasn't even been broken in yet! This truck has all the bells and whistles on it, and with the leather it is a very comfortable ride! Whoever thought up the built in trailer brake controller with tow command needs a raise. This truck is a towing and hauling machine. I've owned Chevy and Dodge and they don't even compare to this beast! When It comes to towing, comfortability, and just plain overall quality, the Ford takes the cake hands down. I couldn't be happier with the product.

Ford Tough
By Bobby on 11/09/08 16:17 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought a Ford F240 Lariat with a power 6.4 powerstroke diesel 2 weeks ago. Took it a on short road trip for 200 miles. Averaged 18.1 to the gallon. Not bad for a truck not even broken in yet. It has all the bells and whistles and with the leather interior its a nice ride. In town been averaging around 11 miles to the gallon, hopefully that will improve with time. Also towed my 6000 (dry weight) lbs SeaRay Cabin Cruise with ease and the integrated braking towing system is awesome. Ford builds'em better and tougher!

6.4 Crewcab King Ranch
By fordguy on 10/22/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Switched from 07 GMC and this truck is so much nicer inside and out. Biggest sharpest looking truck on the road. I'm a baseball player and this truck has plenty of room to move all my stuff and 2 dogs to spring training. I'm 6'4" and have plenty of room in the cab. Folding back seats very convenient. Gas mileage is what I expected 17 to 17.5 on the highway and around 13 in town. Ride is much smoother than the GMC, and has a better turning radius.

It was time to buy
By rabbithunter31 on 10/08/08 01:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've always wanted an F-250, so I purchased the Lariat crew cab short bed, with the gas v-8. I've had it for 2 months so far, I'm getting about 12 in city, and 14 on the highway (what I expected) Best riding heavy duty I've ever ridden in, and best looking exterior on the market! Seats are very comfortable, brakes are good, and although it's a heavy truck, the acceleration is a little sluggish. Great to drive on long trips. If your in the market for a heavy duty truck, you're not going to beat the Ford 250.

Drove cross country
By m on 09/08/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I drove cross country in my husbands' 08 truck within a couple of days purchasing it brand new. 6.4, dual turbo, 250 4x4 Lariat. It never missed a beat. I drove from California to Alabama. I test drove and rode in several diffrent trucks and brands. When I got to Alabama, I ask one of my friends to hook his trailer with a big tractor on it to see how it towed. He has a Dodge and was impressed this truck. Then I drove it back to California. I was not easy on this truck for a minute. If there was somthing wrong with I wanted to know before my husband returned from raq. I can thankfully say he now has a work horse, no problems that I could find and very comfortable to drive and ride in.

Excellent Truck
By B.Brownson on 09/07/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Truck is of excellent quality. Quiet, comfortable, excellent interior room, guage layout. Fuel mileage of 15-16 in town and 20 on highway at 70mph with some changes I made ( fuel computer, electric waterproof bed cover, air intake. I also added an aux 50 gal tank.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.