Used 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Great Truck
By haulsalot1

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the truck new for towing our 31 foot camper. The 6.4 with auto trans does a fantastic job. I have had one problem with the backup camera but the dealer fixed that problem. The truck has 26,000 miles on it and has done everything I have wanted it to do. I will buy another Ford when the time comes to replace this one. I just don't see it happening for a long time.
I love my truck....

Electric swing out mirrors. Back up camera. Chrome package. Drive train. I don't think 700 characters is enough.

Don't have anything on the truck but the garage could be a little bigger.

V-10 auto trans. manual hubs.
By RT

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Ordered from the factory. I love the truck overall. It does exactly what I wanted it for. Mileage poor but I knew that. 11.99 max. I can haul over a cord of wood out with a cattle rack, pull any tree I can reach out onto the road anywhere anytime. The power train has been awesome. The exterior not so much. Sheet metal and paint very weak. Bed is too easily damaged with under max recommended loads.

Power. Towing. Load hauling. Room. Comfort.Ride. Mirrors. Tow / brake package is great.

The thin sheet metal is not helping the mileage so put some metal back on the dang thing. Way too light in the back end, a heavier bumper.

Happy Fx4 diesel owner
By Happy old dude

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck to replace my last 4wd. We purchased a 30' travel trailer and the previous truck just couldn't cut the mustard! This SD justs runs away with it! This is my first diesel as I never would pay the extra but I always wanted one. WOW! I shouldn't have waited so long. I have always loved my Ford trucks and this one is the best I have ever owned. For it's size, it gets decent mileage. I can squeak 17mpg on the highway driving 68-70 mph. If I drive 80 mph, it get about 15mpg. Combined city and highway and driving pretty hard, I get 14mpg. Not bad for a giant, heavy truck. I had a 76 Chevy 4wd way back when that got 10 mpg and if I were really careful I could get 11mpg!

Torque!

I hate the poorly designed door pockets. I use them and anything I put in there rattles. That ought to tell you how much I like this truck. That is all I have to complain about!

Best Truck Ever Owned
By Larry Gonzalez

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Awesome truck! This is my 7th truck and it is by far the best truck I've ever purchased. Turned in an 01 Dodge 3500 dually and have not looked back except for fuel economy. I have 46K on the Ford with 14 months of ownership - trust me the mileage does not get better with time. Towing is incredible pulled a total load of 23,800 lbs from Lorton, VA to Kansas City, MO - great performance. Keeping RPM below 2K and mileage was 12 MPG with load. W/O load get 16.2 MPG if less than 2K RPM and 15.8 MPG over 2K RPM. Interior size is outstanding wife and 2 kids love this vehicle for road trips. Wife likes to drive because visbility is outstanding and pedals can be adjusted to her confort level.

Style, Interior, Towing performance and drivability.

Drop the electronic engine governor - don't like the 100 mph limit! Make limited slip front and rear axles standard equipment. I don't know why Ford puts full slip axles on 4x4s Under body Fuel water sep hard to replace filter.

Exhaust Cleaning Bites
By RH

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I do a lot of pulling and highway miles. I love the power the 6.4 has, but I am not a fan of the exhaust cleaning. Drags your MPG down. If you regulate your speed by the turbo, (less than 10 psi), you will maximize MPG. At 50,000 miles, average highway is running at 16.2 pulling around 8,000 lbs.

Trailer brakes, navigation, 6.4 twins