2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
fuel mileage stinks
By Jimbo on 02/13/10 17:00 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I put a Bank's toaner on it to improve fuel mileage and the dealership blames everything that goes wrong on the tuner. I had to take it off. With the tuner I got 21+ mpg hwy, 18mpg in town. Without tuner 12.5 Hwy., 8.5 around town. I do not understand why ford won't offer something that can improve the mpg.

I love it!!!
By CMT on 02/10/10 07:26 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love my truck.. I moved up for the f150 to the f250 for power and towing. I am very impressed with truck..

Radiatior leaks everywhere
By Bruce on 01/08/10 07:26 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Have a F-450 with 52k miles. Spent $1400 dollars yesterday to replace the radiator which was leaking, the 4 o- rings and clips which were leaking, and the line behind one of the EGRs was leaking. My wife is pissed and ain't talking to me. I also get a whooping 9.7 mpg and when I installed a Superchip programmer the truck locked out. Had to have it towed and reprogrammed, so be careful with after market programmers. Truck itself is beautiful and the turning radius is awesome, but it does spend a lot of time in the shop.

Uncomfortable
By Cole on 06/28/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After 3 recalls a driver door handle that fell off, water seperator going bad, and a rattle in my driver door I still love this truck. The king ranch pkg is excellent and the truck still looks like new after 60,000 miles. Engine has been bullet proof with excellent power. Gas milage for a big truck is good at 18 with no AC or 15.5 with the AC on.PS the rattle in the door was fixed by a simple piece of electrical tape applied to the door latch post where the door meets the frame. This is a nice addition to my $50,000 plus truck LOL!

Get the diesel
By witten on 06/15/09 21:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Just got a used 2008 f250, w/ turbodiesel engine. Blast to drive. Unending loads of power. Drags my travel trailer around like its not even there. Built in brake controller great. Power towing mirrors are a dream. Quietest diesel engine I have ever heard. Don't bother with gas engine.

Awesome Truck
By happy guy on 06/15/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love the 6.4 Diesel. Best truck i've owned. So solid and powerful its like cheating the vehicle in tow. Makes bid loads feel like my sons tonka toys. Ford has done it again.

The Multi-Tool of Trucks
By strivingfirst on 06/13/09 10:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Really folks this is a great truck and even better if you do some very minor tweaks. There is lag when you want to pass someone. Ford put that "feature" there to preserve the life of the transmission. The gas mileage stinks becase the EPA said we needed cleaner burning engines.. oh the irony. You can feel bumps more compared to chevy. Chevy uses IFS on the front end and when that chevy IFS breaks, then you see the reason ford stuck by solid front and rear axles. With one modification you can increase your HP and Torque by 50%, have 100% throttle control when passing, and improve your MPG by 30%. You can do this by buying a tuner for about $1500.00. Check out a diesel forum and you'll see.

Two turbos one was better
By ernurse on 05/01/09 14:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the 4th pu I have owned from Ford. This is my lest favorite. It hesitates with fuel injection when you are passing. My favorite was the 96. The leather seats are very uncomfortable even teenagers complain. Poor mileage. Last truck got 20. The bst I have gotten is 14.7 Very disappointed. Interior is nice and roomy. Don't like the height of the truck. 20 in wheels have shimmy when you go over bumps. Incredibly rough. If I could afford to, I would trade it in.

LOVE IT
By love it on 03/07/09 19:51 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 08 250 6.4 great power. I move up from a f150, not because of power. Braking was not the best when towing 7500 lbs. Now with bigger brakes & controler it's on.

Beautiful, fun truck
By jason on 02/22/09 07:45 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had a lot of trucks and by far this is the best one. This is my first diesel so I'm still in uncharted waters but so far I'm very impressed and I think you would be too. Tons of power and just an overall great styling truck. Fuel mileage is what you would expect with a big diesel but in comparison with my old 04 Dodge Ram 1500 with the Hemi and AWD it's almost the same. Around 13-16 on highway. And 10 in city. Ford did a great job by redoing the mirrors for easy seeing. Truck rides nice on the highway and the engine never lets you down.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.