Used 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

2008 F-250 Super Duty 6.4 Desial Super Cab Great Vehicle After Non Factory Additions
By Laurence R. Compton

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle used in 2009 with 32,000 miles in the XLT trim. The vehicle had a bad front end and lousey fuel mileage. I knew this when I purchased the vehicle. I have invested in a chip to improve fuel mileage along with a banks air filter and magpro exhaust system which improved fuel mileage from 12 to 18/20 mph. Different tires also helped improve fuel mileage. I installed heavy duty air shocks and replaced the front springs with heaover springs and stabilizer bar to the front end. I also installed side step bars, tool box, backup camera, fog lights and trailer brake and other items. This was cheaper than buying a more expensive vehicle from the dealer

The desial 6.4 liter motor is great and pulls my 14 foot covered trailer like it is not there. It has been driven a cross the country twice. This will be the last truck I buy- five to date.

Utilize some of the upgrades I used to improve vehicle fuel mileage and front end stability.

Great Truck
By Jim L

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my Super Duty for five months and I truly love it. The diesel is so quite. This summer while on vaction we were stopped for road construction and the sign lady came over to talk to us. She commented how quite the diesel was. On that trip we towed our trailer which is 11,200 lbs over two 11,000 ft passes. We had lots of power. The tow/haul feature is really nice. The ride is very comfortable and the truck is a lot of fun to drive. At times parking can be rought.

The diesel engine. When I ordered it I didn't know the tailgate step was available. I would have liked to have had that.

A little better MPG. I've noticed that now Ford is offering a backup camera- that would be nice. Also, something similar to on Star.