Used 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Reliable
By Mike Wolf

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2008 ford Super duty in 2007, One of the first. I now have 218,000 on the 5.4 gas engine. Only 1 set of brakes. New alternator at 100,000 mls. I am a stone mason and work my truck hard. Around 120,000 mls the truck made a engine noise when I started it, almost 100,000 mls later I have the same noise. No change, I always change my oil, I love my truck, Would never buy anything but a ford truck period!

The Multi-Tool of Trucks
By strivingfirst

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Really folks this is a great truck and even better if you do some very minor tweaks. There is lag when you want to pass someone. Ford put that "feature" there to preserve the life of the transmission. The gas mileage stinks becase the EPA said we needed cleaner burning engines.. oh the irony. You can feel bumps more compared to chevy. Chevy uses IFS on the front end and when that chevy IFS breaks, then you see the reason ford stuck by solid front and rear axles. With one modification you can increase your HP and Torque by 50%, have 100% throttle control when passing, and improve your MPG by 30%. You can do this by buying a tuner for about $1500.00. Check out a diesel forum and you'll see.

Its very cheap and easy to Modify. The comfort on long trips is really great for everyone. The towing is 2nd to none. Surprisingly the handling is pretty good for this 4ton beast. Due your research and you will see F250 is the best all around heavy hauler.

Get better tires. The stock tires have terrible traction even on mildly damp grass. Make sure you get a TUNER KIT!