2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
terrible truck
By samspat on 12/12/11 15:50 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

the worst riding truck ever owned just hit 85000 miles needed tune up 7 of the 8 spark plugs stuck in the head and broke mechanic had to buy special tool they say some are charging up to 1200.00 for tune up got to get rid of it before next tune up

fuel mileage stinks
By Jimbo on 02/13/10 17:00 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I put a Bank's toaner on it to improve fuel mileage and the dealership blames everything that goes wrong on the tuner. I had to take it off. With the tuner I got 21+ mpg hwy, 18mpg in town. Without tuner 12.5 Hwy., 8.5 around town. I do not understand why ford won't offer something that can improve the mpg.

Uncomfortable
By Cole on 06/28/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After 3 recalls a driver door handle that fell off, water seperator going bad, and a rattle in my driver door I still love this truck. The king ranch pkg is excellent and the truck still looks like new after 60,000 miles. Engine has been bullet proof with excellent power. Gas milage for a big truck is good at 18 with no AC or 15.5 with the AC on.PS the rattle in the door was fixed by a simple piece of electrical tape applied to the door latch post where the door meets the frame. This is a nice addition to my $50,000 plus truck LOL!

Get the diesel
By witten on 06/15/09 21:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Just got a used 2008 f250, w/ turbodiesel engine. Blast to drive. Unending loads of power. Drags my travel trailer around like its not even there. Built in brake controller great. Power towing mirrors are a dream. Quietest diesel engine I have ever heard. Don't bother with gas engine.

The Multi-Tool of Trucks
By strivingfirst on 06/13/09 10:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Really folks this is a great truck and even better if you do some very minor tweaks. There is lag when you want to pass someone. Ford put that "feature" there to preserve the life of the transmission. The gas mileage stinks becase the EPA said we needed cleaner burning engines.. oh the irony. You can feel bumps more compared to chevy. Chevy uses IFS on the front end and when that chevy IFS breaks, then you see the reason ford stuck by solid front and rear axles. With one modification you can increase your HP and Torque by 50%, have 100% throttle control when passing, and improve your MPG by 30%. You can do this by buying a tuner for about $1500.00. Check out a diesel forum and you'll see.

LOVE IT
By love it on 03/07/09 19:51 PM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have a 08 250 6.4 great power. I move up from a f150, not because of power. Braking was not the best when towing 7500 lbs. Now with bigger brakes & controler it's on.

Solid Truck
By BWL on 02/07/09 02:54 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

No problems so far. Diesel is not for the economy minded as this is a heavy vehicle not to mention all the new emission controls the engine has to deal with. Feels solid as a tank. Very happy with purchase.

Gas hog
By Fred Quick on 05/18/08 08:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck for it's appearance both inside and out. My wife has an 06 Acura RL and I will put the interior of this truck against the comfort of her car any day. That said, I am averaging 11 MPG and already have 23K on the trck. I'm told that this will improve once north of 25K but am not holding my breath. Simply put, the fuel economy on this truck stinks! If fuel economy is something that you are looking for in a heavy duty truck, look elsewhere.

This truck rocks
By kevin on 05/02/08 06:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned this truck for 10 months now and could not be more pleased. Power is great I pull a 34 foot Prowler Regal 5th and often a 17 foot boat behind that and average 13 to 14 miles per gallon (Canada) and 22 to 24 on the highway. I would not complain about poor milage even if it was poor as this truck is fun to drive loaded and gives me great piece of mind when towing. By far the best Ford I have owned.

Best Super Duty Yet
By ron panna on 04/28/08 14:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned Ford F-250's since the 70's, usually buying a new one with every body change. don't use every day, however need a heavy truck to pull equipment weekly and a large boat a few times a year. This is my first diesel & automatic tranny and other than the fuel usage it is a great extremely quiet engine with exceptional acceleration. My previous was a 99 super duty with a V-10 w/ 5 speed OD tranny and no regrets there either. Best truck I have ever owned. Dodge, GMC & Chevy aren't even in the same leaguewith this beautiful beast.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.