Used 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

2008 F-250 Super Duty 6.4 Desial Super Cab Great Vehicle After Non Factory Additions
By Laurence R. Compton

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle used in 2009 with 32,000 miles in the XLT trim. The vehicle had a bad front end and lousey fuel mileage. I knew this when I purchased the vehicle. I have invested in a chip to improve fuel mileage along with a banks air filter and magpro exhaust system which improved fuel mileage from 12 to 18/20 mph. Different tires also helped improve fuel mileage. I installed heavy duty air shocks and replaced the front springs with heaover springs and stabilizer bar to the front end. I also installed side step bars, tool box, backup camera, fog lights and trailer brake and other items. This was cheaper than buying a more expensive vehicle from the dealer

The desial 6.4 liter motor is great and pulls my 14 foot covered trailer like it is not there. It has been driven a cross the country twice. This will be the last truck I buy- five to date.

Utilize some of the upgrades I used to improve vehicle fuel mileage and front end stability.

terrible truck
By samspat

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

the worst riding truck ever owned just hit 85000 miles needed tune up 7 of the 8 spark plugs stuck in the head and broke mechanic had to buy special tool they say some are charging up to 1200.00 for tune up got to get rid of it before next tune up

fuel mileage stinks
By Jimbo

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I put a Bank's toaner on it to improve fuel mileage and the dealership blames everything that goes wrong on the tuner. I had to take it off. With the tuner I got 21+ mpg hwy, 18mpg in town. Without tuner 12.5 Hwy., 8.5 around town. I do not understand why ford won't offer something that can improve the mpg.

Teh The towing of anything

Partnership with Bank's Power. Then you could not mention cumming's or Duramax in the same paragraph with FORD.

Uncomfortable
By Cole

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After 3 recalls a driver door handle that fell off, water seperator going bad, and a rattle in my driver door I still love this truck. The king ranch pkg is excellent and the truck still looks like new after 60,000 miles. Engine has been bullet proof with excellent power. Gas milage for a big truck is good at 18 with no AC or 15.5 with the AC on.PS the rattle in the door was fixed by a simple piece of electrical tape applied to the door latch post where the door meets the frame. This is a nice addition to my $50,000 plus truck LOL!

King ranch pkg, interior room, and 4 drink holders.

The seats are horrible, they are far to skinny and the lateral supports dig into your legs. Gm has much more comfortable seats in my previous Escalade EXT.

Get the diesel
By witten

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Just got a used 2008 f250, w/ turbodiesel engine. Blast to drive. Unending loads of power. Drags my travel trailer around like its not even there. Built in brake controller great. Power towing mirrors are a dream. Quietest diesel engine I have ever heard. Don't bother with gas engine.

Exudes coolness factor, the Diesel rocks!, built like a tank. Everything on it is big.

Overall gas mileage stinks. What do you expect? It is the price to pay for ultimate capability.