Used 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

It was time to buy
By rabbithunter31

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've always wanted an F-250, so I purchased the Lariat crew cab short bed, with the gas v-8. I've had it for 2 months so far, I'm getting about 12 in city, and 14 on the highway (what I expected) Best riding heavy duty I've ever ridden in, and best looking exterior on the market! Seats are very comfortable, brakes are good, and although it's a heavy truck, the acceleration is a little sluggish. Great to drive on long trips. If your in the market for a heavy duty truck, you're not going to beat the Ford 250.

Exterior looks, power mirrors, seats, spacious interior, turning radius, ride, 20" wheels, side steps, all around best on the market!

Fuel mileage (I know its a big truck but you can do better than that Ford), more responsive steering, go back to offering a 3.73 rear with the V-10!, spray in bed liner should come standard on lariat, better floor mats, and automatic start as GM sells.

Good but could be great
By JDA

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my sixth new Ford truck and third new Super Duty. Just picked up my 2008 SD King Ranch 4WD SB last week. Not impressed yet with my first diesel. Getting just under 13 in town without a heavy foot. Ordered this with most everything, so very nice. Hard to deal with the lack of throttle response. Seems like diesel is working way too hard to move truck up to highway speed and could be related to base weight and 3.73. Pushing 3.55 to boost economy = dog. Light tan interior is impossible to keep clean. SD FX4 lacks premium interior option like F-150 FX4.

Better tow mirrors, lower headlights, rear camera option, better audio options, updated interior, hydro boost brakes, wide mounted fog lights, memory package, bed extender, quieter diesel, chrome package, 08 20" rims, improved gauge cluster and message display, rear ride stability, rear floor vents

Overall cost is too high, six speed tranny, bring back mini glove box, useful rear seat anchor points, better fuel economy, dark interior on Lariat and King Ranch, cheaper NAV radio, bring back colors and rebates for Harley, satellite radio that supports XM and Sirius, rear storage and better cup holders

Great Truck, But...
By JoeVacs

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

6.4L diesel crew cab, Lariat. I love everything about this truck, except the poor fuel economy. Starts from the line and will blow the doors off most everything except the cars that are supposed to be fast. Very fun to drive, and loads of power to pull whatever I want to pull. I have 10,000 miles on it now and average 11.8mpg. I was hoping for atleast 16-18. I know people with the old 7.3liter that get over 20mpg. That's what I was hoping for. Maybe after it get broke in good it will do better. I contrast, A Nissan Titan only gets 12mpg, and it won't pull even half what this one will. Also, I love Ford's keypad on the door. You never have to worry about locking yourself out.

Power. Longterm resale value. Payload capacity. ability to install 35" tires without a lift kit

Put better tires on from the factory. Better fuel economy

Ford F 250 diesel King Ranch
By Coolmark8

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Traded our 2005 F150 for the 2008 F 250 King Ranch Diesel. We needed more power to tow our 9000 pound trailer. What an awesome truck. This truck was able to pull our trailer up mountains that were almost straight up for miles on end and it didn't even whimper. Best decision we ever made. Hope to take King Kong (its pet name) up and down many more mountains in the near future.

The quietness of the diesel compared to other diesel trucks. Impressive with the power and luxury of the King Ranch. Beautiful seats and amenities. Love the Sirius satellite and navigation unit.

Need better gas mileage. I hear mileage should improve as the truck is driven more. We will wait and see.

Astonishing
By Michael

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is unbelievable. I loved it ever since I saw it, and once I got in the cab it was just amazing. This truck is the nicest truck I have ever seen. And the engine well lets just say itís more than enough power. I canít believe the remarkable acceleration that this has. I have only had this truck for a couple months but I think it speaks for itself. I own a 32í boat that weighs about 11,200 pounds and when i am pulling it out of the water I only have to tap the accelerator, and donít worry about your wheels spinning on the platform, with the new traction assist you will never get that. I have the King Ranch Edition, itís fully loaded. I love the truck.

The navigation was very helpful when we went to visit our friends up in Colorado. My kids loved the rear seat DVD system and the lady and I up front didnít hear a thing thanks to the headphones. The Reverse Vehicle Aid Sensors are a help when I am hooking up my boat. The tailgate step is great.

Maybe a backup camera. Thats all. You did a excellent job Ford.