Used 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Good ol' Truck
By Mike Bowman

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I now have just under 130,000 miles on this truck and I have hauled tons and tons of rock, 5th wheel, and a car. I have had nothing but great performance, no repairs, and perfect reliability. I have the V8 and it has been able to haul everything including a couple of times overloaded with ease.

This is a work truck and it does work. I love the crew cab for extra passengers and cargo. I love the long bed for hauling lumber without having to flag the load.

It does ride like an old fashion truck, but then it is a truck.

Warning of issue with Ford Diesel Engines
By dianas1

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Ford corporate recently told us that we need to test the diesel fuel every time before filling up our 2008 Ford diesel F250. This occurred after contaminants were found in the fuel and we now have up to $12k in damages. The truck has less than 70k miles and this is the second time this has occurred (first at 24k). Truck still under warranty. No abnormal driving, primarily highway and occassional pulling of a 3 horse gooseneck trailer. All scheduled maintenance, including fuel filters, was regularly performed by a Ford Dealer. No warning lights came on before engine shut down. Through postings on diesel forums and leasing associations, we are hearing this is not an uncommon problem.

Diesels have been around for years. For Ford to suggest that their diesel customers must now test the fuel everytime it is purchased is unreasonable and unacceptable. Ford needs to improve the fuel system and warning light capability.

2008 F250 Blown Motor
By remax5915

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I kept reading post after post on the internet about the 6.4 and wondering if my day would come? Well here it is. My $58,000 truck with 126,000 miles on it, with no warning except for the temp. gauge climbing, which I immediately pulled over and stopped trashed the motor. Guess I knew after Ford adandoned the motor after only three years I was in trouble. Shame on you Ford!! Thanks for no help and a $17,000 repair bill..........

Take care of your customers.................

Great Truck
By haulsalot1

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the truck new for towing our 31 foot camper. The 6.4 with auto trans does a fantastic job. I have had one problem with the backup camera but the dealer fixed that problem. The truck has 26,000 miles on it and has done everything I have wanted it to do. I will buy another Ford when the time comes to replace this one. I just don't see it happening for a long time. I love my truck....

Electric swing out mirrors. Back up camera. Chrome package. Drive train. I don't think 700 characters is enough.

Don't have anything on the truck but the garage could be a little bigger.

V-10 auto trans. manual hubs.
By RT

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Ordered from the factory. I love the truck overall. It does exactly what I wanted it for. Mileage poor but I knew that. 11.99 max. I can haul over a cord of wood out with a cattle rack, pull any tree I can reach out onto the road anywhere anytime. The power train has been awesome. The exterior not so much. Sheet metal and paint very weak. Bed is too easily damaged with under max recommended loads.

Power. Towing. Load hauling. Room. Comfort.Ride. Mirrors. Tow / brake package is great.

The thin sheet metal is not helping the mileage so put some metal back on the dang thing. Way too light in the back end, a heavier bumper.