2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Warning of issue with Ford Diesel Engines
By dianas1 on 11/14/12 03:58 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Ford corporate recently told us that we need to test the diesel fuel every time before filling up our 2008 Ford diesel F250. This occurred after contaminants were found in the fuel and we now have up to $12k in damages. The truck has less than 70k miles and this is the second time this has occurred (first at 24k). Truck still under warranty. No abnormal driving, primarily highway and occassional pulling of a 3 horse gooseneck trailer. All scheduled maintenance, including fuel filters, was regularly performed by a Ford Dealer. No warning lights came on before engine shut down. Through postings on diesel forums and leasing associations, we are hearing this is not an uncommon problem.

2008 F250 Blown Motor
By remax5915 on 06/21/11 20:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I kept reading post after post on the internet about the 6.4 and wondering if my day would come? Well here it is. My $58,000 truck with 126,000 miles on it, with no warning except for the temp. gauge climbing, which I immediately pulled over and stopped trashed the motor. Guess I knew after Ford adandoned the motor after only three years I was in trouble. Shame on you Ford!! Thanks for no help and a $17,000 repair bill..........

Great Truck
By haulsalot1 on 04/01/11 19:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the truck new for towing our 31 foot camper. The 6.4 with auto trans does a fantastic job. I have had one problem with the backup camera but the dealer fixed that problem. The truck has 26,000 miles on it and has done everything I have wanted it to do. I will buy another Ford when the time comes to replace this one. I just don't see it happening for a long time. I love my truck....

V-10 auto trans. manual hubs.
By RT on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Ordered from the factory. I love the truck overall. It does exactly what I wanted it for. Mileage poor but I knew that. 11.99 max. I can haul over a cord of wood out with a cattle rack, pull any tree I can reach out onto the road anywhere anytime. The power train has been awesome. The exterior not so much. Sheet metal and paint very weak. Bed is too easily damaged with under max recommended loads.

Happy Fx4 diesel owner
By Happy old dude on 09/02/10 11:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck to replace my last 4wd. We purchased a 30' travel trailer and the previous truck just couldn't cut the mustard! This SD justs runs away with it! This is my first diesel as I never would pay the extra but I always wanted one. WOW! I shouldn't have waited so long. I have always loved my Ford trucks and this one is the best I have ever owned. For it's size, it gets decent mileage. I can squeak 17mpg on the highway driving 68-70 mph. If I drive 80 mph, it get about 15mpg. Combined city and highway and driving pretty hard, I get 14mpg. Not bad for a giant, heavy truck. I had a 76 Chevy 4wd way back when that got 10 mpg and if I were really careful I could get 11mpg!

Best Truck Ever Owned
By Larry Gonzalez on 07/01/10 11:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Awesome truck! This is my 7th truck and it is by far the best truck I've ever purchased. Turned in an 01 Dodge 3500 dually and have not looked back except for fuel economy. I have 46K on the Ford with 14 months of ownership - trust me the mileage does not get better with time. Towing is incredible pulled a total load of 23,800 lbs from Lorton, VA to Kansas City, MO - great performance. Keeping RPM below 2K and mileage was 12 MPG with load. W/O load get 16.2 MPG if less than 2K RPM and 15.8 MPG over 2K RPM. Interior size is outstanding wife and 2 kids love this vehicle for road trips. Wife likes to drive because visbility is outstanding and pedals can be adjusted to her confort level.

Exhaust Cleaning Bites
By RH on 05/28/10 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I do a lot of pulling and highway miles. I love the power the 6.4 has, but I am not a fan of the exhaust cleaning. Drags your MPG down. If you regulate your speed by the turbo, (less than 10 psi), you will maximize MPG. At 50,000 miles, average highway is running at 16.2 pulling around 8,000 lbs.

I wish I had not gotten rid of my Dodge!
By Welder on 05/06/10 23:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck used in 2009, had 20k miles,I have had to take the truck into the dealership 3 times due to the check engine light. The firts time I towed our toyhuler I blew a head gasket, we spent over 6k in repairs within the 1st year of owning this truck. This is the first FORD truck I own and I have a feeling it will be the last! I owned a 02 Dodge Ram 1500 and NEVER had to take in to the dealership for anything but regular maintance. Oh yeah almost forgot the MPG sucks.

I love it!!!
By CMT on 02/10/10 07:26 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love my truck.. I moved up for the f150 to the f250 for power and towing. I am very impressed with truck..

Radiatior leaks everywhere
By Bruce on 01/08/10 07:26 AM (PST)

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Have a F-450 with 52k miles. Spent $1400 dollars yesterday to replace the radiator which was leaking, the 4 o- rings and clips which were leaking, and the line behind one of the EGRs was leaking. My wife is pissed and ain't talking to me. I also get a whooping 9.7 mpg and when I installed a Superchip programmer the truck locked out. Had to have it towed and reprogrammed, so be careful with after market programmers. Truck itself is beautiful and the turning radius is awesome, but it does spend a lot of time in the shop.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.