Used 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-250-super-duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

2008 F-250 Super Duty 6.4 Desial Super Cab Great Vehicle After Non Factory Additions
By Laurence R. Compton

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle used in 2009 with 32,000 miles in the XLT trim. The vehicle had a bad front end and lousey fuel mileage. I knew this when I purchased the vehicle. I have invested in a chip to improve fuel mileage along with a banks air filter and magpro exhaust system which improved fuel mileage from 12 to 18/20 mph. Different tires also helped improve fuel mileage. I installed heavy duty air shocks and replaced the front springs with heaover springs and stabilizer bar to the front end. I also installed side step bars, tool box, backup camera, fog lights and trailer brake and other items. This was cheaper than buying a more expensive vehicle from the dealer

Favorite Features

The desial 6.4 liter motor is great and pulls my 14 foot covered trailer like it is not there. It has been driven a cross the country twice. This will be the last truck I buy- five to date.

Suggested Improvements

Utilize some of the upgrades I used to improve vehicle fuel mileage and front end stability.

Good ol' Truck
By Mike Bowman

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I now have just under 130,000 miles on this truck and I have hauled tons and tons of rock, 5th wheel, and a car. I have had nothing but great performance, no repairs, and perfect reliability. I have the V8 and it has been able to haul everything including a couple of times overloaded with ease.

Favorite Features

This is a work truck and it does work. I love the crew cab for extra passengers and cargo. I love the long bed for hauling lumber without having to flag the load.

Suggested Improvements

It does ride like an old fashion truck, but then it is a truck.

Warning of issue with Ford Diesel Engines
By dianas1

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Ford corporate recently told us that we need to test the diesel fuel every time before filling up our 2008 Ford diesel F250. This occurred after contaminants were found in the fuel and we now have up to $12k in damages. The truck has less than 70k miles and this is the second time this has occurred (first at 24k). Truck still under warranty. No abnormal driving, primarily highway and occassional pulling of a 3 horse gooseneck trailer. All scheduled maintenance, including fuel filters, was regularly performed by a Ford Dealer. No warning lights came on before engine shut down. Through postings on diesel forums and leasing associations, we are hearing this is not an uncommon problem.

Suggested Improvements

Diesels have been around for years. For Ford to suggest that their diesel customers must now test the fuel everytime it is purchased is unreasonable and unacceptable. Ford needs to improve the fuel system and warning light capability.

terrible truck
By samspat

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

the worst riding truck ever owned just hit 85000 miles needed tune up 7 of the 8 spark plugs stuck in the head and broke mechanic had to buy special tool they say some are charging up to 1200.00 for tune up got to get rid of it before next tune up

2008 F250 Blown Motor
By remax5915

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I kept reading post after post on the internet about the 6.4 and wondering if my day would come? Well here it is. My $58,000 truck with 126,000 miles on it, with no warning except for the temp. gauge climbing, which I immediately pulled over and stopped trashed the motor. Guess I knew after Ford adandoned the motor after only three years I was in trouble. Shame on you Ford!! Thanks for no help and a $17,000 repair bill..........

Suggested Improvements

Take care of your customers.................