2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Review: Cheap seats

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Review

XLT Crew Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 6-speed Manual 6.9 ft. Bed)

Cheap seats
By 10Rambler on

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck was supposed to be the best one ever for hauling my 26' car hauler trailer around the USA. Plenty of power, fair gas mileage and easy to drive. All of these things are true. However, the seat comfort on long hauls is terrible. The seats in the XLT are the shortest (from the backrest to the front edge of the seat) offered in the Big Three 3/4 ton lineup. This short seat puts my legs to sleep (the front edge of the seat hits me way before my knees) on long hauls and I am selling the truck because of continuing comfort and back problems. Other than the seats and comfort, it is a good, solid truck.

Favorite Features

The truck with the chrome package looks great! The diesel boost gauge lets you know when the power is turned up. Great feature!

Suggested Improvements

The seats in the XLT are cheap and very uncomfortable. I have a VERY annoying squeak in the left rear door that will require the dealer's attention and another day or so out of service. The 6.0 diesel reliability reviews are not encouraging. The truck needs a cancel button for cruise control.