2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Review: Awesome!

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Review

XLT Crew Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Manual 8.2 ft. Bed)

By Mark on

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I actually have a 2006 F-350 V-10 4X4 Crewcab with FX4 4:30 limited slip rear. This is my 3rd Super Duty since 1999. My 1999 5.4 and 2001 6.8 both went over 125k miles with no mechanical problems. This new 6.8 3V is awesome. I get 11.5 mpg around town and a high of 15+ mpg on the hwy at 70mph. With this power and performance I did not need a PSD. All three Super Duty's were quality built. It's an extremely solid truck. Don't expect great gas mileage from a 362HP/ 475 ft. lbs torque motor moving a piece of Ford Kentucky plant iron that weighs 7,000lbs.

6.8 V-10 is hands down the best gas engine I have ever had. Smooth, powerful, quiet, reliable, and yes, efficient for what it has to move. TorqueShift automatic transmission is a good compliment to this motor.

Ford should offer a better selection of tires in the 275/70-18 series. Being my third Super Duty most of the needed improvements over the years have already been made. Ford should offer Teflon spray for its cloth interiors.