2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Ford Tough, True
By Jim on 08/21/06 16:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I put a 4.5" tuff country lift and 37" BFG ATs. It handles well and stops great, excellent pickup for a gas pushing large tires. Got 12-13mpg stock and 10mpg lifted. Needs odometer recalibration and higher gears (3.73 now), opting for 4.10 this week. Pulling a 1,600lb boat is a chore for transmission, can't keep up with tires, should change with gear swap. Fun to drive and turns excellent. Got stuck in 4 feet of water, sand, and muck in central IL.One trip to the dealer and she runs perfect, just needed a little cleaning.

F250 2Dr 6.8L 6 speed manual
By Alex on 08/14/06 18:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is awesome. It is everything Ford advertises it as and nothing more. Power from the v-10 is very comparable to my previous 460 big block. This is the best gasoline engine ever to come in a truck. The 6 speed manual works great and has probably the lightest smoothest clutch I have ever felt, while still handling the big power. The solid 1 ton axles can handle anything and the suspension rides firm and stable, just like a truck should. The gas mileage may only be 11-13 but that is the trade off you get with 355 horsepower and a heavy duty truck.

Awesome Truck
By Mark Knose on 08/10/06 16:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the third Ford truck I've owned and they just keep getting better. Even the wife loves it (and drives it). The handling is smooth. Rides like a car but works like a truck. Suspension is firm but not bumpy. Corners tight (for a truck) and looks pretty when it's clean. Gas mileage is decent for its size and the interior is nice, quiet and has everything I need. Never had trouble with the old one (1994) and the way I follow the routine scheduled maintenance, I don't anticipate trouble with this one either.

Best Diesel Truck Made-PERIOD!
By F250 Diesel on 07/21/06 12:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck. I definitely recommend getting the diesel. Gets better gas mileage than the Toyota Sequoia I replaced. The build quality is excellent. The FX4 package rides a little stiff at first but gets better with time. It's designed to haul a lot of stuff and rides better as you add weight. I love the fold away rear seat with the fold out flat platform. It does not feel any larger than a regular SUV when driving. I enjoy being able to see over and around other cars for safety reasons. The view makes it easier to anticipate making defensive moves. I also took a direct hit in the rear from a stretch limo with minor cosmetic damage (limo was damaged heavily). I hardly felt it.

Cheap seats
By 10Rambler on 07/08/06 13:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck was supposed to be the best one ever for hauling my 26' car hauler trailer around the USA. Plenty of power, fair gas mileage and easy to drive. All of these things are true. However, the seat comfort on long hauls is terrible. The seats in the XLT are the shortest (from the backrest to the front edge of the seat) offered in the Big Three 3/4 ton lineup. This short seat puts my legs to sleep (the front edge of the seat hits me way before my knees) on long hauls and I am selling the truck because of continuing comfort and back problems. Other than the seats and comfort, it is a good, solid truck.

Tow Horse!
By Jonathan on 06/18/06 18:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

06' F250 SD SB Turbo Diesel fully loaded! I tow a 12k pound toy hauler with no problems. I live in Big Bear and have to climb a mountain with a 16% grade. I love this truck and would recommend it to anyone towing a heavy load. Not towing I get 18-20 MPG @ 80 MPH - towing up the grade I get about 11- 13 MPG. Built in brake controller sets this truck over the top. I have seen the new style 2008 pics and am not thrilled with the styling. I test drove a Dodge, Chevy, and GMC and Ford had the best feeling truck and comfort. I do like the style of the GMC/Chevy interior, but Ford blew the competition away overall. If buying look into the Ford SD!

Awesome!
By Mark on 05/31/06 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I actually have a 2006 F-350 V-10 4X4 Crewcab with FX4 4:30 limited slip rear. This is my 3rd Super Duty since 1999. My 1999 5.4 and 2001 6.8 both went over 125k miles with no mechanical problems. This new 6.8 3V is awesome. I get 11.5 mpg around town and a high of 15+ mpg on the hwy at 70mph. With this power and performance I did not need a PSD. All three Super Duty's were quality built. It's an extremely solid truck. Don't expect great gas mileage from a 362HP/ 475 ft. lbs torque motor moving a piece of Ford Kentucky plant iron that weighs 7,000lbs.

Big Boy
By raynardo on 05/11/06 15:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in a 2005 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 for this 2006 Ford F-250 XLT Turbo Diesel SuperDuty Crew Cab 4x4 to better handle my towing needs. Boy! What a difference! While the Ranger worked really hard, this F-250 makes towing a breeze, heck, I can hardly tell I'm towing. I was getting 15mpg on the Ranger, not towing, whereas the F-250 is getting 14mpg - I'm told that this will improve as the vehicle gets more miles. Towing the Ranger averaged about 10mpg, and the F-250 is averaging 12mpg. The F-250 is much more comfortable than the Ranger, but the Ranger, being a smaller vehicle, was easier to park and maneuver. I'll be taking a 5000 mile trip with the trailer this summer - I can't wait!

2006 F250 Lariat
By lzrdking98 on 04/29/06 16:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

So far so good. I was a Chevy man and gas owner. This new diesel is tremendous. Very fast and reliable. Tons of power. Hopefully it will last 10-15 yrs.

Go White Sox
By rick on 02/09/06 10:06 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

To make this short and to the point. I traded in my '04 Suburban (which I never cared for). After test driving the '06 F250, I said to my wife I feel like I came back home. Waited for the vehicle to come in and bought it. Glad I did! ItÂ’s my second big Ford with diesel power.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.