Used 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Best choice
By robert

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My wife even loves to drive this truck and to pass people to kick in the V10 engine under the hood. Unfortunately it only gets 9 to 10 mpg combination of highway city and alot of gravel. 4x4 has been great this last couple of months in Iowa winter. Pulls anything you put behind it. Two kids have more than enough room in the back. Has more interior room than a Chevy or Dodge. Will be installing gooseneck hitch. This was been my dream truck now I have it. I don't have the trouble with bumps in the road jerking the truck or the vibrating of the truck that may just be mud in the rims like other people have had. Can't wait to buy another one someday.

Steering wheel controls, 4 doors, V10 engine matched with auto trans and 4x4, storage compartments in cab.

Agree with everyone needs 12v outlet in rear, better gas mileage, but what can you expect from a big heavy truck with ten cyl.

Great truck
By Rich

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I needed a truck with 4WD and some power to pull my 30 foot 5th wheel trailer, plus have room for the grandkids or dogs. This does all that. The worst fuel mileage has been 11 mpg, which I feel is good for such a heavy truck pulling a load thru the mountains. It did have a few gremlins at first (4 visits to dealer), but those have been taken care of, i.e., Turbo sensor, fuel pump module.

Dependable truck with lots of room, power, and capability. Powerful brakes and reasonable fuel economy.

Tow/haul transmission selection needs to be redesigned; when used for deceleration, I never know when its going to go into the next lower gear.

My truck
By shane

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck just does everything i need it to do. I pull a gooseneck trailer a lot plus my boat and van trailer. Multiple states and areas, this truck is and has been problem free. This diesel motor is excellent, some have claimed problems with it but my experience is great. Change the oil and go. I added a 60 gallon fuel tank/tool box combo in the bed and I love it. I can go 1600 miles between fill ups.

The options of electric rear window, built in brake controller, all controls on the steering wheel.

Can't wait to purchase the new 08 Ford with the new diesel motor. I love this Ford truck; the diesel just keeps on hammering down the road, passing Dodges left and right.

Worst Truck Ever Produced
By JT

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

THE roughest riding, poorest handling, noisiest, under-powered, gas-guzzling beast I have ever driven in my life. I totally HATE it. On city pavement at any speed, the truck shakes, shudders, jolts, and vibrates at any bump in the road. Woefully underpowered 5.4 V8 is a boat anchor. Pathetic in city traffic. Simply trying to merge or pass in rush hour traffic is all the adrenaline rush I need each day. Have to jam the pedal through the floorboard just to get the sloth move. Handles like a bicycle. Noisy. Hear every item stored in the door pockets rattle. Size makes parking a nightmare. If you're towing a barge on a daily basis, maybe this is the truck for you. Canít wait to get rid of it.

Except for the fact it starts and runs everyday, none!

Start over.

so far so good
By al

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

What a difference from the Dodge I used to drive. More power, better brakes, better steering and better looks. Tows my camper like it's not even there. Love the towing mirrors, the whole towing package is great; no extra costs just hook up and go.Would certainly recommend to another buyer.

Built in trailer brake controller.

Keyless entry should be included on XLT and up; you spend 30 grand plus on a truck, you'd think a $150 option should be there. Other than that I love it.