2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Great truck
By Rich on 07/12/07 11:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I needed a truck with 4WD and some power to pull my 30 foot 5th wheel trailer, plus have room for the grandkids or dogs. This does all that. The worst fuel mileage has been 11 mpg, which I feel is good for such a heavy truck pulling a load thru the mountains. It did have a few gremlins at first (4 visits to dealer), but those have been taken care of, i.e., Turbo sensor, fuel pump module.

My truck
By shane on 01/26/07 14:42 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck just does everything i need it to do. I pull a gooseneck trailer a lot plus my boat and van trailer. Multiple states and areas, this truck is and has been problem free. This diesel motor is excellent, some have claimed problems with it but my experience is great. Change the oil and go. I added a 60 gallon fuel tank/tool box combo in the bed and I love it. I can go 1600 miles between fill ups.

Worst Truck Ever Produced
By JT on 01/12/07 14:14 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

THE roughest riding, poorest handling, noisiest, under-powered, gas-guzzling beast I have ever driven in my life. I totally HATE it. On city pavement at any speed, the truck shakes, shudders, jolts, and vibrates at any bump in the road. Woefully underpowered 5.4 V8 is a boat anchor. Pathetic in city traffic. Simply trying to merge or pass in rush hour traffic is all the adrenaline rush I need each day. Have to jam the pedal through the floorboard just to get the sloth move. Handles like a bicycle. Noisy. Hear every item stored in the door pockets rattle. Size makes parking a nightmare. If you're towing a barge on a daily basis, maybe this is the truck for you. Can’t wait to get rid of it.

so far so good
By al on 12/28/06 08:58 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

What a difference from the Dodge I used to drive. More power, better brakes, better steering and better looks. Tows my camper like it's not even there. Love the towing mirrors, the whole towing package is great; no extra costs just hook up and go.Would certainly recommend to another buyer.

F-250 sb 4x4
By JW on 11/12/06 19:58 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

So far, great truck, have had several Fords, so far this one is the best.

Great truck
By kurt on 09/17/06 16:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Had my 06 F250 for 9 months now and it is great. Love the 6 speed. Tows my 6500# camper effortlessly. A very fun to drive vehicle. It feels and works like a truck, not a grocery getter.

F-250 with 6.0L diesel engine
By f-250 on 09/09/06 00:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck. Tows excellent, good mileage, well made - I have the 6.0 diesel engine with auto transmission - quiet compared to Dodge and seems to be a better engine than my last two F-250's that had the 7.3 diesel engine. Don't like where the fuel system water drain is located but that is a minor inconvenience. Lots of room inside, and it has plenty of power.

Buyer Beware
By phil on 09/08/06 07:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Buyer beware. I have a new 06 F250 - when truck hits a bump the steering wheel jerks. Ford's response is that F250 is heavy truck and this is to be expected. This is my third F250 and this is not normal. There is a TSB on this problem from Ford but it doesn't correct the problem.THIS WILL BE THE LAST FORD I BUY.

Great Truck
By IEA on 08/29/06 10:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I moved up from an F-150 to the F-250, and am very pleased with the handling and power that it has shown. The truck is extremely reliable and for not being the top of the line, it has enough bells and whistles in this category.

Ford Tough, True
By Jim on 08/21/06 16:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I put a 4.5" tuff country lift and 37" BFG ATs. It handles well and stops great, excellent pickup for a gas pushing large tires. Got 12-13mpg stock and 10mpg lifted. Needs odometer recalibration and higher gears (3.73 now), opting for 4.10 this week. Pulling a 1,600lb boat is a chore for transmission, can't keep up with tires, should change with gear swap. Fun to drive and turns excellent. Got stuck in 4 feet of water, sand, and muck in central IL.One trip to the dealer and she runs perfect, just needed a little cleaning.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.