Used 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

I don't understand all the hate
By ryguy29

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I really don't understand why there are so many ford haters on here. I've owned 2 F-150's the 5.4 and whatever the V6 is the 5.4 was a gem I loved it until a 16 year old T-Boned me at 60mph and that's what it took to kill it. The V6 for how bad I beat the snot out of it still runs like a champ. My two work trucks the 2002 7.3L f250 has 180,000 on it and its just starting to have transmission problems. The second being the 2006 6L f350 dump truck and my god that thing is amazing. I've had that thing grossly over-weight with a full bed a 12 foot dump trailer with 8000+ lbs in it through the city on the highway up a dirt hill had no problems. I've loved all my fords and will never look back!!!!

Powerstrokes!!!!! I'm hooked I've gone to the truck in the morning 15-20 degrees outside not plugged in and she turned over they are reliable strong and just an amazing truck.

A little bit more improvement on the interior for the lower end models.

Sad to Say
By RD

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Unfortunately this is my 2nd F-250 King Ranch with Power Stroke, Ford bought back my 2003 F-350 because they couldn't keep it out of the shop. I mistakenly accepted the 2006, should have taken the cash and went and bought Chevy or Dodge. Won't make that mistake again. We pull 3horse slant Xiss living qtrs trailer with it, and the truck just can't get the job done. Wife has had to off-load horses on the side of freeway twice, and I missed deer camp in 2006. Blows turbo tubes on regular basis, and Ford Motor Co. is terrible at customer relations. Dealership has been great, but again Ford Motor Co. is awful...Tell everyone you know stay away from the Power Stroke.

The King Ranch is incredible, love it. Ford amenities can't be out done by anyone. But that diesel engine is trouble

Don't build a twin turbo, until you figure out how to make the single turbo work

The best truck so far
By Mustang6147

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is by far the best truck I have ever owned. Tows great. Drives very stable even in blizzard conditions. It is a pleasure to drive anytime.

I cannot pick anything specific, because the truck itself is great.

I am sure Ford will figure something out. I couldn't ask for anything better

Worst Truck Ever Produced
By JT

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

THE roughest riding, poorest handling, noisiest, under-powered, gas-guzzling beast I have ever driven in my life. I totally HATE it. On city pavement at any speed, the truck shakes, shudders, jolts, and vibrates at any bump in the road. Woefully underpowered 5.4 V8 is a boat anchor. Pathetic in city traffic. Simply trying to merge or pass in rush hour traffic is all the adrenaline rush I need each day. Have to jam the pedal through the floorboard just to get the sloth move. Handles like a bicycle. Noisy. Hear every item stored in the door pockets rattle. Size makes parking a nightmare. If you're towing a barge on a daily basis, maybe this is the truck for you. Canít wait to get rid of it.

Except for the fact it starts and runs everyday, none!

Start over.

so far so good
By al

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

What a difference from the Dodge I used to drive. More power, better brakes, better steering and better looks. Tows my camper like it's not even there. Love the towing mirrors, the whole towing package is great; no extra costs just hook up and go.Would certainly recommend to another buyer.

Built in trailer brake controller.

Keyless entry should be included on XLT and up; you spend 30 grand plus on a truck, you'd think a $150 option should be there. Other than that I love it.