2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
I don't understand all the hate
By ryguy29 on 01/26/13 21:37 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I really don't understand why there are so many ford haters on here. I've owned 2 F-150's the 5.4 and whatever the V6 is the 5.4 was a gem I loved it until a 16 year old T-Boned me at 60mph and that's what it took to kill it. The V6 for how bad I beat the snot out of it still runs like a champ. My two work trucks the 2002 7.3L f250 has 180,000 on it and its just starting to have transmission problems. The second being the 2006 6L f350 dump truck and my god that thing is amazing. I've had that thing grossly over-weight with a full bed a 12 foot dump trailer with 8000+ lbs in it through the city on the highway up a dirt hill had no problems. I've loved all my fords and will never look back!!!!

Sad to Say
By RD on 07/09/09 17:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Unfortunately this is my 2nd F-250 King Ranch with Power Stroke, Ford bought back my 2003 F-350 because they couldn't keep it out of the shop. I mistakenly accepted the 2006, should have taken the cash and went and bought Chevy or Dodge. Won't make that mistake again. We pull 3horse slant Xiss living qtrs trailer with it, and the truck just can't get the job done. Wife has had to off-load horses on the side of freeway twice, and I missed deer camp in 2006. Blows turbo tubes on regular basis, and Ford Motor Co. is terrible at customer relations. Dealership has been great, but again Ford Motor Co. is awful...Tell everyone you know stay away from the Power Stroke.

The best truck so far
By Mustang6147 on 02/14/09 16:39 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is by far the best truck I have ever owned. Tows great. Drives very stable even in blizzard conditions. It is a pleasure to drive anytime.

Worst Truck Ever Produced
By JT on 01/12/07 14:14 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

THE roughest riding, poorest handling, noisiest, under-powered, gas-guzzling beast I have ever driven in my life. I totally HATE it. On city pavement at any speed, the truck shakes, shudders, jolts, and vibrates at any bump in the road. Woefully underpowered 5.4 V8 is a boat anchor. Pathetic in city traffic. Simply trying to merge or pass in rush hour traffic is all the adrenaline rush I need each day. Have to jam the pedal through the floorboard just to get the sloth move. Handles like a bicycle. Noisy. Hear every item stored in the door pockets rattle. Size makes parking a nightmare. If you're towing a barge on a daily basis, maybe this is the truck for you. Can’t wait to get rid of it.

so far so good
By al on 12/28/06 08:58 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

What a difference from the Dodge I used to drive. More power, better brakes, better steering and better looks. Tows my camper like it's not even there. Love the towing mirrors, the whole towing package is great; no extra costs just hook up and go.Would certainly recommend to another buyer.

F-250 sb 4x4
By JW on 11/12/06 19:58 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

So far, great truck, have had several Fords, so far this one is the best.

Great truck
By kurt on 09/17/06 16:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Had my 06 F250 for 9 months now and it is great. Love the 6 speed. Tows my 6500# camper effortlessly. A very fun to drive vehicle. It feels and works like a truck, not a grocery getter.

Great Truck
By IEA on 08/29/06 10:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I moved up from an F-150 to the F-250, and am very pleased with the handling and power that it has shown. The truck is extremely reliable and for not being the top of the line, it has enough bells and whistles in this category.

My truck
By Sammy Johnson on 01/26/06 08:52 AM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Power Stroke diesel 250 Lariat. I love my truck and will never own another gas powered F-250 or larger. I pull a 38 foot 5th wheel camper and have no problems.

It's a Real Truck not a fluff
By 79Broncoefi on 12/02/05 13:52 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I got this truck just a short while ago have put about 4k miles on it so far. It is by far the best truck I have used to date. I am an automotive technology teacher and this truck has all most none of the common issues that others have had in the past. I have the 5.4 three valve and as far as the power goes it has it in the right operating range. The 5 speed auto does very well and the tow haul function beats the OD off any day. But it is a truck and so many people want these to be soft and cushier and it's not. I wanted a truck to use and this does it perfectly. I pull my horse trailer and haul all the things for the farm no problems. I had 2500 lbs of feed and never knew it was even in the bed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.