Used 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-250-super-duty - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Great to 100,000 mile, but not after!
By Yard Guy

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Overall a nice truck, until it gets a few miles. I bought two within 4 months. The first truck - no problems until 107K, then a high press oil pump and inter-cooler ($2,500, Ford offered to pay $500, but shop was 2-3 weeks backed up) and needs a front end ($1,500). Second truck - 130K miles then high press oil pump = another $1,500. Bought a '08 in April 2009, if the same problems occur, I will be finished with the F-250. Great truck, just trade before 100K.

Favorite Features

The 6.0L is not as loud as 7.3. Having the 20" tires as an option and the integrated tailer brake controller. Best looking trucks

Suggested Improvements

An engine that is made to last!

F250 2Dr 6.8L 6 speed manual
By Alex

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is awesome. It is everything Ford advertises it as and nothing more. Power from the v-10 is very comparable to my previous 460 big block. This is the best gasoline engine ever to come in a truck. The 6 speed manual works great and has probably the lightest smoothest clutch I have ever felt, while still handling the big power. The solid 1 ton axles can handle anything and the suspension rides firm and stable, just like a truck should. The gas mileage may only be 11-13 but that is the trade off you get with 355 horsepower and a heavy duty truck.

Favorite Features

Big power, stout drivetrain, firm ride, lots of looks and compliments from people when you drive by.

Suggested Improvements

Electronic throttle is slow to respond, doesn't do burnouts quite the same as the big block with the mechanical throttle.

Awesome Truck
By Mark Knose

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the third Ford truck I've owned and they just keep getting better. Even the wife loves it (and drives it). The handling is smooth. Rides like a car but works like a truck. Suspension is firm but not bumpy. Corners tight (for a truck) and looks pretty when it's clean. Gas mileage is decent for its size and the interior is nice, quiet and has everything I need. Never had trouble with the old one (1994) and the way I follow the routine scheduled maintenance, I don't anticipate trouble with this one either.

Favorite Features

Engine size and sound. Body style. Hauling capabilities. Cup holders (my last one didn't have them).

Suggested Improvements

Nothing strikes me at the moment.