Used 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

2006 F-250 6.8 liter V10
By jlay11

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Strange that the V10 isn't on the list of available engines. I love my truck. I've owned it for 5 years now, and its up to 256000 kms on it. Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Only problem i had was the switch for the 4x4 crapped out. cost $150 to fix. No biggy. While the V10 does not get the best mileage, it makes up in dependability and power. I can pretty much pull anything. Tons of passing power. Tons of room in the back seat. My truck has the 100 liter gas tank, so its a little smaller than your average tank. I would highly recommend this truck to anybody looking for a dependable full size truck.

Ford still can't build a truck
By Ryan

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Started out with noises from my motor the first few weeks of ownership and Ford could find no problems. When I'm on the highway and I hit a pothole or the road changes from asphalt to concrete my truck SHAKES like the wheels are going to fall off. It's so bad it makes my kids cry. The dealership broke the spark plugs off while trying to do a tune-up and wanted me to pay $2k to take the motor apart. Then the A/C went out and now only blows on high. Now my motor is locked up! I pull an 18' trailer with a ride on trencher and my truck struggles big time! This is my second ford truck that is an undependable, under powered, gas guzzling, safety risk that I wish upon nobody!

I like the exterior styling and room on the inside.

More pulling power, better gas mileage, durability throughout, a warranty that shows faith in their workmanship, and rear air to cool the passengers in the back seat.

Breaks down every other month
By Jazzmin9

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 6.0 liter diesel is a nightmare. The Canadian ones seem to be fine, but the American ones have lots of problems. Batteries die, fuel injection problems, stuttering engine. If you're going to buy a warranty - purchase the Ford one only. We made the mistake of purchasing the dealership one and we've had lots of out of pocket expenses. I can't go two months without something going wrong.

Live to Travel
By jajp1954

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The Power Stroke is an awesome engine! This is the only truck I have owned that not only holds it's own but actually accelerates going uphill weather towing or on it's own. My wife has fallen in love with this truck in less time than it took her to fall in love with me! And she cried when we traded off her other truck, now she would not trade this truck for the world, I think she would shoot me first! The BEST truck we have ever owned! And that is saying a lot because I have a 1997 F-150 that has been so great it is still running on the original battery!

The DEISEL

Backup sensors

Great Work Truck
By R Grice

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This '06 Super Duty Diesel replaced my '95 F250 460 V8, and the improvement in comfort, fuel mileage and build quality is amazing. We tow a 4,500lb enclosed trailer all the time in our home business, and I needed something that would do it as well as our other truck had for so many years. I have driven Chevy Duramax trucks, and love the engine/trans combo they have... but their smaller cab space, poor layout and styling were such that I ended up going with the Ford. We added a mild chip to it, as the stock motor is pretty poky compared to other newer diesels. It also improved our fuel mileage from 11/15 to 13/17. Beware of chipping too hard, as the 6.0L isn't built as heavy as the 7.3L.

Interior space and design is great. Well-thought-out ANALOG controls and gauges... something that's hard to find now! I chose Ford for the cab and styling, and was not disappointed. I also love its beefy 4-wheel disc brakes and Tow Command System... the best trailer brake controller I have ever used

Improve the 6.0L / Torqshift Automatic's power, build quality and refinement, as they are is easily outclassed by almost any Duramax / Allison I've driven ('02, '04, '07). The Shift-On-The-Fly 4x4 is a little spotty on its engagement, as the front hubs sometimes have to be manually locke