2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Ford still can't build a truck
By Ryan on 07/08/10 11:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Started out with noises from my motor the first few weeks of ownership and Ford could find no problems. When I'm on the highway and I hit a pothole or the road changes from asphalt to concrete my truck SHAKES like the wheels are going to fall off. It's so bad it makes my kids cry. The dealership broke the spark plugs off while trying to do a tune-up and wanted me to pay $2k to take the motor apart. Then the A/C went out and now only blows on high. Now my motor is locked up! I pull an 18' trailer with a ride on trencher and my truck struggles big time! This is my second ford truck that is an undependable, under powered, gas guzzling, safety risk that I wish upon nobody!

Breaks down every other month
By Jazzmin9 on 04/24/10 10:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 6.0 liter diesel is a nightmare. The Canadian ones seem to be fine, but the American ones have lots of problems. Batteries die, fuel injection problems, stuttering engine. If you're going to buy a warranty - purchase the Ford one only. We made the mistake of purchasing the dealership one and we've had lots of out of pocket expenses. I can't go two months without something going wrong.

Live to Travel
By jajp1954 on 09/06/09 09:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The Power Stroke is an awesome engine! This is the only truck I have owned that not only holds it's own but actually accelerates going uphill weather towing or on it's own. My wife has fallen in love with this truck in less time than it took her to fall in love with me! And she cried when we traded off her other truck, now she would not trade this truck for the world, I think she would shoot me first! The BEST truck we have ever owned! And that is saying a lot because I have a 1997 F-150 that has been so great it is still running on the original battery!

Great Work Truck
By R Grice on 08/28/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This '06 Super Duty Diesel replaced my '95 F250 460 V8, and the improvement in comfort, fuel mileage and build quality is amazing. We tow a 4,500lb enclosed trailer all the time in our home business, and I needed something that would do it as well as our other truck had for so many years. I have driven Chevy Duramax trucks, and love the engine/trans combo they have... but their smaller cab space, poor layout and styling were such that I ended up going with the Ford. We added a mild chip to it, as the stock motor is pretty poky compared to other newer diesels. It also improved our fuel mileage from 11/15 to 13/17. Beware of chipping too hard, as the 6.0L isn't built as heavy as the 7.3L.

Good Truck, Hard to Control
By Jay on 03/13/09 06:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XL 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I am actually writing this about my Father's experience with his 2006 F250 4X4 Gas Pickup. Overall he is pleased with the truck except one serious issue, which I believe is limited to the gas engine model of the 2006 F250. If you hit a rough patch of pavement the truck will virtually bounce and skip all over the road out of control. There are many complaints of this issue on the internet. Ford has TSB for this issue but it does not fix the issue. Has anyone found a fix? A local front end shop says they may be able to fix it with different springs. Seems Ford uses the same springs for the Gas and Diesel models, but the Diesel weighs almost twice as much, which causes excessive rebound.

Best choice
By robert on 03/30/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My wife even loves to drive this truck and to pass people to kick in the V10 engine under the hood. Unfortunately it only gets 9 to 10 mpg combination of highway city and alot of gravel. 4x4 has been great this last couple of months in Iowa winter. Pulls anything you put behind it. Two kids have more than enough room in the back. Has more interior room than a Chevy or Dodge. Will be installing gooseneck hitch. This was been my dream truck now I have it. I don't have the trouble with bumps in the road jerking the truck or the vibrating of the truck that may just be mud in the rims like other people have had. Can't wait to buy another one someday.

Great truck
By Rich on 07/12/07 11:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I needed a truck with 4WD and some power to pull my 30 foot 5th wheel trailer, plus have room for the grandkids or dogs. This does all that. The worst fuel mileage has been 11 mpg, which I feel is good for such a heavy truck pulling a load thru the mountains. It did have a few gremlins at first (4 visits to dealer), but those have been taken care of, i.e., Turbo sensor, fuel pump module.

My truck
By shane on 01/26/07 14:42 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck just does everything i need it to do. I pull a gooseneck trailer a lot plus my boat and van trailer. Multiple states and areas, this truck is and has been problem free. This diesel motor is excellent, some have claimed problems with it but my experience is great. Change the oil and go. I added a 60 gallon fuel tank/tool box combo in the bed and I love it. I can go 1600 miles between fill ups.

F-250 with 6.0L diesel engine
By f-250 on 09/09/06 00:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck. Tows excellent, good mileage, well made - I have the 6.0 diesel engine with auto transmission - quiet compared to Dodge and seems to be a better engine than my last two F-250's that had the 7.3 diesel engine. Don't like where the fuel system water drain is located but that is a minor inconvenience. Lots of room inside, and it has plenty of power.

Buyer Beware
By phil on 09/08/06 07:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Buyer beware. I have a new 06 F250 - when truck hits a bump the steering wheel jerks. Ford's response is that F250 is heavy truck and this is to be expected. This is my third F250 and this is not normal. There is a TSB on this problem from Ford but it doesn't correct the problem.THIS WILL BE THE LAST FORD I BUY.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.