Used 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Ford Tough, True
By Jim

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I put a 4.5" tuff country lift and 37" BFG ATs. It handles well and stops great, excellent pickup for a gas pushing large tires. Got 12-13mpg stock and 10mpg lifted. Needs odometer recalibration and higher gears (3.73 now), opting for 4.10 this week. Pulling a 1,600lb boat is a chore for transmission, can't keep up with tires, should change with gear swap. Fun to drive and turns excellent. Got stuck in 4 feet of water, sand, and muck in central IL.One trip to the dealer and she runs perfect, just needed a little cleaning.

Large towing mirrors, HD hitch, many cargo places, 6 disc cd, came with step bars, tow/haul button handy, handles to get in, keyless entry.

Larger standard fuel tank.

Cheap seats
By 10Rambler

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck was supposed to be the best one ever for hauling my 26' car hauler trailer around the USA. Plenty of power, fair gas mileage and easy to drive. All of these things are true. However, the seat comfort on long hauls is terrible. The seats in the XLT are the shortest (from the backrest to the front edge of the seat) offered in the Big Three 3/4 ton lineup. This short seat puts my legs to sleep (the front edge of the seat hits me way before my knees) on long hauls and I am selling the truck because of continuing comfort and back problems. Other than the seats and comfort, it is a good, solid truck.

The truck with the chrome package looks great! The diesel boost gauge lets you know when the power is turned up. Great feature!

The seats in the XLT are cheap and very uncomfortable. I have a VERY annoying squeak in the left rear door that will require the dealer's attention and another day or so out of service. The 6.0 diesel reliability reviews are not encouraging. The truck needs a cancel button for cruise control.

OUTSTANDING, AWESOME, AMAZING...
By Jennifer

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My Ford F-250 is like a powerhouse on the road. When I am driving it I feel on top of the world. For starters, it's beautiful. Sleek design. The ride is smooth. Other truck drivers watch as I pass them by. It's a sweet piece of machine and I am so happy that I went with a Ford. The diesel is awesome! It's a strong and loud truck and you hear can hear me coming down the road from inside the house. I highly recommend this truck to anyone who likes truck driving.

EVERYTHING!