2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
2006 F-250 6.8 liter V10
By jlay11 on 08/08/14 21:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Strange that the V10 isn't on the list of available engines. I love my truck. I've owned it for 5 years now, and its up to 256000 kms on it. Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Only problem i had was the switch for the 4x4 crapped out. cost $150 to fix. No biggy. While the V10 does not get the best mileage, it makes up in dependability and power. I can pretty much pull anything. Tons of passing power. Tons of room in the back seat. My truck has the 100 liter gas tank, so its a little smaller than your average tank. I would highly recommend this truck to anybody looking for a dependable full size truck.

I don't understand all the hate
By ryguy29 on 01/26/13 21:37 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I really don't understand why there are so many ford haters on here. I've owned 2 F-150's the 5.4 and whatever the V6 is the 5.4 was a gem I loved it until a 16 year old T-Boned me at 60mph and that's what it took to kill it. The V6 for how bad I beat the snot out of it still runs like a champ. My two work trucks the 2002 7.3L f250 has 180,000 on it and its just starting to have transmission problems. The second being the 2006 6L f350 dump truck and my god that thing is amazing. I've had that thing grossly over-weight with a full bed a 12 foot dump trailer with 8000+ lbs in it through the city on the highway up a dirt hill had no problems. I've loved all my fords and will never look back!!!!

Ford still can't build a truck
By Ryan on 07/08/10 11:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Started out with noises from my motor the first few weeks of ownership and Ford could find no problems. When I'm on the highway and I hit a pothole or the road changes from asphalt to concrete my truck SHAKES like the wheels are going to fall off. It's so bad it makes my kids cry. The dealership broke the spark plugs off while trying to do a tune-up and wanted me to pay $2k to take the motor apart. Then the A/C went out and now only blows on high. Now my motor is locked up! I pull an 18' trailer with a ride on trencher and my truck struggles big time! This is my second ford truck that is an undependable, under powered, gas guzzling, safety risk that I wish upon nobody!

Breaks down every other month
By Jazzmin9 on 04/24/10 10:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 6.0 liter diesel is a nightmare. The Canadian ones seem to be fine, but the American ones have lots of problems. Batteries die, fuel injection problems, stuttering engine. If you're going to buy a warranty - purchase the Ford one only. We made the mistake of purchasing the dealership one and we've had lots of out of pocket expenses. I can't go two months without something going wrong.

Great to 100,000 mile, but not after!
By Yard Guy on 01/05/10 19:01 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Overall a nice truck, until it gets a few miles. I bought two within 4 months. The first truck - no problems until 107K, then a high press oil pump and inter-cooler ($2,500, Ford offered to pay $500, but shop was 2-3 weeks backed up) and needs a front end ($1,500). Second truck - 130K miles then high press oil pump = another $1,500. Bought a '08 in April 2009, if the same problems occur, I will be finished with the F-250. Great truck, just trade before 100K.

Live to Travel
By jajp1954 on 09/06/09 09:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The Power Stroke is an awesome engine! This is the only truck I have owned that not only holds it's own but actually accelerates going uphill weather towing or on it's own. My wife has fallen in love with this truck in less time than it took her to fall in love with me! And she cried when we traded off her other truck, now she would not trade this truck for the world, I think she would shoot me first! The BEST truck we have ever owned! And that is saying a lot because I have a 1997 F-150 that has been so great it is still running on the original battery!

Great Work Truck
By R Grice on 08/28/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This '06 Super Duty Diesel replaced my '95 F250 460 V8, and the improvement in comfort, fuel mileage and build quality is amazing. We tow a 4,500lb enclosed trailer all the time in our home business, and I needed something that would do it as well as our other truck had for so many years. I have driven Chevy Duramax trucks, and love the engine/trans combo they have... but their smaller cab space, poor layout and styling were such that I ended up going with the Ford. We added a mild chip to it, as the stock motor is pretty poky compared to other newer diesels. It also improved our fuel mileage from 11/15 to 13/17. Beware of chipping too hard, as the 6.0L isn't built as heavy as the 7.3L.

Sad to Say
By RD on 07/09/09 17:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Unfortunately this is my 2nd F-250 King Ranch with Power Stroke, Ford bought back my 2003 F-350 because they couldn't keep it out of the shop. I mistakenly accepted the 2006, should have taken the cash and went and bought Chevy or Dodge. Won't make that mistake again. We pull 3horse slant Xiss living qtrs trailer with it, and the truck just can't get the job done. Wife has had to off-load horses on the side of freeway twice, and I missed deer camp in 2006. Blows turbo tubes on regular basis, and Ford Motor Co. is terrible at customer relations. Dealership has been great, but again Ford Motor Co. is awful...Tell everyone you know stay away from the Power Stroke.

Good Truck, Hard to Control
By Jay on 03/13/09 06:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I am actually writing this about my Father's experience with his 2006 F250 4X4 Gas Pickup. Overall he is pleased with the truck except one serious issue, which I believe is limited to the gas engine model of the 2006 F250. If you hit a rough patch of pavement the truck will virtually bounce and skip all over the road out of control. There are many complaints of this issue on the internet. Ford has TSB for this issue but it does not fix the issue. Has anyone found a fix? A local front end shop says they may be able to fix it with different springs. Seems Ford uses the same springs for the Gas and Diesel models, but the Diesel weighs almost twice as much, which causes excessive rebound.

The best truck so far
By Mustang6147 on 02/14/09 16:39 PM (PST)

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr SuperCab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is by far the best truck I have ever owned. Tows great. Drives very stable even in blizzard conditions. It is a pleasure to drive anytime.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.