Used 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

2006 F-250 6.8 liter V10
By jlay11

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Strange that the V10 isn't on the list of available engines. I love my truck. I've owned it for 5 years now, and its up to 256000 kms on it. Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Only problem i had was the switch for the 4x4 crapped out. cost $150 to fix. No biggy. While the V10 does not get the best mileage, it makes up in dependability and power. I can pretty much pull anything. Tons of passing power. Tons of room in the back seat. My truck has the 100 liter gas tank, so its a little smaller than your average tank. I would highly recommend this truck to anybody looking for a dependable full size truck.

I don't understand all the hate
By ryguy29

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I really don't understand why there are so many ford haters on here. I've owned 2 F-150's the 5.4 and whatever the V6 is the 5.4 was a gem I loved it until a 16 year old T-Boned me at 60mph and that's what it took to kill it. The V6 for how bad I beat the snot out of it still runs like a champ. My two work trucks the 2002 7.3L f250 has 180,000 on it and its just starting to have transmission problems. The second being the 2006 6L f350 dump truck and my god that thing is amazing. I've had that thing grossly over-weight with a full bed a 12 foot dump trailer with 8000+ lbs in it through the city on the highway up a dirt hill had no problems. I've loved all my fords and will never look back!!!!

Powerstrokes!!!!! I'm hooked I've gone to the truck in the morning 15-20 degrees outside not plugged in and she turned over they are reliable strong and just an amazing truck.

A little bit more improvement on the interior for the lower end models.

Ford still can't build a truck
By Ryan

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Started out with noises from my motor the first few weeks of ownership and Ford could find no problems. When I'm on the highway and I hit a pothole or the road changes from asphalt to concrete my truck SHAKES like the wheels are going to fall off. It's so bad it makes my kids cry. The dealership broke the spark plugs off while trying to do a tune-up and wanted me to pay $2k to take the motor apart. Then the A/C went out and now only blows on high. Now my motor is locked up! I pull an 18' trailer with a ride on trencher and my truck struggles big time! This is my second ford truck that is an undependable, under powered, gas guzzling, safety risk that I wish upon nobody!

I like the exterior styling and room on the inside.

More pulling power, better gas mileage, durability throughout, a warranty that shows faith in their workmanship, and rear air to cool the passengers in the back seat.

Breaks down every other month
By Jazzmin9

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 6.0 liter diesel is a nightmare. The Canadian ones seem to be fine, but the American ones have lots of problems. Batteries die, fuel injection problems, stuttering engine. If you're going to buy a warranty - purchase the Ford one only. We made the mistake of purchasing the dealership one and we've had lots of out of pocket expenses. I can't go two months without something going wrong.

Great to 100,000 mile, but not after!
By Yard Guy

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Overall a nice truck, until it gets a few miles. I bought two within 4 months. The first truck - no problems until 107K, then a high press oil pump and inter-cooler ($2,500, Ford offered to pay $500, but shop was 2-3 weeks backed up) and needs a front end ($1,500). Second truck - 130K miles then high press oil pump = another $1,500. Bought a '08 in April 2009, if the same problems occur, I will be finished with the F-250. Great truck, just trade before 100K.

The 6.0L is not as loud as 7.3. Having the 20" tires as an option and the integrated tailer brake controller. Best looking trucks

An engine that is made to last!