Reliable Horse Hauling Vehicle, FUN
By Ford Girl on
2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)
After being stranded by 3 Chevys in a row I decided to try Ford. You will never be stuck or stranded with your horse trailer again! I have gone into cornfields with a 6 horse trailer and you put this baby in 4WD and no problem. Hills are a breeze when hauling horses and I'm in the Ozarks. It comes off the dealer lot READY TO PULL! Electrical is already set up. Interior is so luxurious that I hate to get in it in muddy boots. ROOMY! When not hitched to a trailer this truck is amazing to drive. This truck is FAST off the line and I say this as a 2002 Corvette owner. So much power make sure you have ballast in back when it snows. No problem towing in bad weather. A real beast of a truck.
Favorite Features
Turbo diesel engine makes you fast off the line and gives you ridiculous power! I thought all trucks were slow ... WRONG! This thing really is a BEAST.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage would be nice. It's about $50-$70 to fill up with 1/4 tank left. But what do you expect from a diesel truck. It's not a hybrid for goodness sake.