2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Review: Ford F 250 Crew Cab Diesel

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Review

Ford F 250 Crew Cab Diesel
By Tom on

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this F 250 Diesel in early December of 2004. I had read of the changes for 2005 a couple of years ago and decided to wait for the 2005 model. I am glad I did. Ford made significant improvements over 2004. The ride is significantly improved thanks to the coil springs up front rather than the old leaf springs. Even for a diesel this vehicle is very quiet inside with no rattles. The drivetrain is excellent with very smooth shifts. The 5 speed Torq Shift transmission is highly recommended. I find the seats to be comfortable and the rear seat is much more roomy than my second choice, the Dodge Ram Crew. The transmission and ride in the F 250 are better than the Dodge as well.

The powertrain is excellent. I look forward to spring when I can tow and use my boat. My '99 Expedition was very reliable and comfortable, but the torque of the diesel is impressive compared to the 5.4 liter gas engine. I also like the rearview mirrors, Ford really got these right.

Make it so that the seats can be cleaned with standard cleaning products. Add some "niceties" to the XLT like overhead console for garage door opener and lighted mirror on passenger sun shade (available on my '99 XLT Expedition). How about a camera on rear bumper so I can see the trailer hitch?