Diesel King Ranch
By Glenn on
2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)
I've had my diesel 4x4 truck for almost a year and thus far has given me perfect service...no problems whatsoever. I often pull my enclosed car trailer (about 7500 lbs.) effortlessly. I get about 14 mpg around town, 18-19 mpg on the open road doing 80 mph and around 12 mpg when towing 65-70 mph. I have the deluxe King Ranch model and is very comfortable. I regularly get compliments about the truck when getting fuel. The only thing that I would change would be not having the captain seats in the rear, but a bench seat for the sake of carrying groceries and packages inside. I also like the availability of getting 16", 18", or 20" wheels, unlike GMC/GM were only 16" wheels are offered.
Favorite Features
The first class attention to detail on the interior styling, materials, and comfort. I especially like the built-in trailer brake controller and just how the truck performs while towing.
Suggested Improvements
I don't like the feel of the steering when making slow tight turns while in four wheel drive. There is a jerkiness and feedback through the steering wheel. I would have also preferred an "all wheel drive" system instead of having to turn the 4x4 on manually. I had that type on my Exhibition.