2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Review: Best truck for carrying VIP pa

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Review

XL Regular Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 6-speed Manual 8.2 ft. Bed)

Best truck for carrying VIP passengers
By 1960baltimore on

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My 6L diesel truck has about 36k on it now, and never had an unscheduled maintenance. None of my many Toyotas were this reliable. I have always gotten around 14 to 16mpg in town (hills and stop signs and long, long red lights in Meridian, MS). On the highway, I get over 23mpg if I am driving 55mph; as little as 18mpg if I am going 80 on a windy, rainy day, empty or loaded up and trailering. I have driven it in a hurricane (here, Katrina was all-day-long 45 to 55mph and the truck never felt unstable); my work can call me out at odd hours. It seems as fast as my '06 Corvette, and is fine for 6 snooty adults! Highly recommended!

Favorite Features

Diesel power and economy. Luxurious Lariat interior room and comfort. Reliability. Handling. Very easy to shift into 4WD. Great standard stereo and CD changer. It has a turbo, so it has to spool up for full power, but can still easily bark the tires from a stop. BTW, comes with great tires!

Suggested Improvements

Ford has come up with improvements on the 2008 model I never would have thought of. I haven't driven an '08 yet, but imagine it must be perfect!