Used 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

F 250 TO THE RESCUE
By ghorwatt

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Replaced a '90 F150 which I also purchased new and was a mechanical nightmare. Swore I was never going to but another Ford truck ... oh well! My new F250 is a bare bones model that I sought long and hard for. It is a pig on gas (11.5 mpg local) but so was the previous 5.8 that had nowhere near the power. No problems so far. Rear tires spin easily and sometimes need 4x4 to start out. Probably due to no load condition & 60 psi in the tires.

Favorite Features

The ride reminds me of the days when I used to sell Kenworths & Peterbilts. I love the firm feel of the road and it steers great. I cannot say enough good things about it. Power application is smooth & swift and I like the looks better than gm or dodge. Hope I get 15 better years out of this one.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a few more nooks and crannies inside to place little items that you don't want to get lost. Wish Ford built more with vinyl seats as I had to get one custom made because I don't want any cloth in a vehicle that does work mostly in the boat business.

Very Good Truck
By Greg Rahn

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck, it has a lot of power and rides like a car. I just wish it would get better mpg. I get about 14.5-15mpg around town.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG.

Loved it till I owned it
By jim

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love the exterior, looks great. Interior was nice, but for a taller guy in the back the extended cab doesn't have all that much room. Hauling capacity is great. In the cold of north east Ohio it had a problem starting, once it started it was ok. This started at approximately 2000 miles. I took it for service and it was hooked to the diagnostic computer. Upon return I was told that until the on board computer trips the service engine light there is nothing we can do for you. When it doesn't start at all, or the light comes on, bring it back. Handling was ok. Lots of engine noise. Six speed manual transmission was nice, but clutch plate made noise sometimes upon engagement.

Favorite Features

Exterior look. Nice ride with good power. 4wd with manual locks and heavy duty suspension was great.

Suggested Improvements

Please put some storage compartments under the back seats. Also please turn the door handles around for those who use the truck as a 4wd so nothing hooks them and tears them off, make them open from back to front

Pleasure to drive
By Mike Price

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I upgraded to from a '04 2wd F-250 to my '05 4wd. What a difference in ride and turning radius night and day. The 6.0 International Powerstroke is a pleasure to drive. I can get 21 highway and 16 city. I seldom go anywhere that someone doesn't comment on what a good looking truck it is. I do not really haul anything or use it as a work truck, inside job, except for normal homeowner or occasional fire wood work but I have always wanted a 4wd diesel 4 door truck and this one will satisfy that desire for a long time.

Favorite Features

Powerstroke, safety, keyless entry, looks great. If I need it to pull stumps its there. It's a pleasure to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat could us a little more padding.

get the V10
By fxsti

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Very nice to drive, very comfortable on long-distance treks. Great stereo, great performance from the motor. I have owned many trucks; this one has a real "truck" feel to it, (which is why I bought it), but is much more comfortable than any I have had before it.

Favorite Features

The brakes are amazing for a truck; the thing stops like a car.