2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews 5

2005 F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
My New Truck
By Bill

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in a Cadillac STS for this truck. This is a different world. I look forward to getting up in the morning to drive this big truck. The speed bumps in my neighborhood are no longer huge obstacles for me to navigate. I've traded in some luxury and in return I got serious power. If John Wayne were alive, this is what he would drive.

Favorite Features

It's big, it's tough, it's powerful, and all my friends are jealous.

Suggested Improvements

I'm single, but my friend could talk his wife into letting him get one easier if the interior was a little more plush.

I Love My F-250 Crew Cab Truck!
By P. Schlipf

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After owning a Silverado Ex-cab for 6 years I can't imagine why we didn't buy this sooner. The F-250 Crew Cab diesel is so much fun to drive, has a huge interior space for the kids and all of our stuff, and it pulls our 27 foot camping trailer like it isn't even there! Ford outdid themselves on this beautiful truck. My Lincoln Towncar sits in the garage now that we have the F-250. The kids love to ride to school in it, and they ask me to pick them up after school in the truck because they can hear me coming around the corner. My husband flips up the rear seat and uses the back for extra cargo space, especially when it is raining. Our whole family loves this truck.

Favorite Features

Oh, without a doubt my favorite feature is the backup sensor. It saved me a major problem in the first few days we had it. I was at Costco trying to back out of a parking space. I was clear, then a family walked out from behind a van and directly behind my truck. The beeper when off, thankfully!

Suggested Improvements

Fold out cup holders in all of the doors. Headphone/earphone jacks in the front and back seat for the stereo. Outside temp guage. Stereo volume control in the steering wheel.

2005 Super Duty 4x4
By Cricket

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Although not broken in yet, out of 8 new Ford trucks, this is the worst one for gas mileage. Only 9 mpg. Truck has manual hubs and would not stay in 4WD. A new shift assembly had to be installed with less than 1,000 miles on it. Very hard to steer in 4WD when trying to make a sharp turn in reverse. Sometimes the wheels won't move at all. The truck has 17" wheels and wide tires. The wide tires make the truck more difficult to handle when driving on snow covered roads. Power windows do not work in cold weather.

Favorite Features

Power, cab room, truck height, payload

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage, reinstate the small vent windows. Rain water rushes in the truck if the windows are down a fraction of an inch. Stop making improvements that aren't necessary; cost more to fix and prohibit the average mechanic from working on the vehicles.

Ford F 250 Crew Cab Diesel
By Tom

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this F 250 Diesel in early December of 2004. I had read of the changes for 2005 a couple of years ago and decided to wait for the 2005 model. I am glad I did. Ford made significant improvements over 2004. The ride is significantly improved thanks to the coil springs up front rather than the old leaf springs. Even for a diesel this vehicle is very quiet inside with no rattles. The drivetrain is excellent with very smooth shifts. The 5 speed Torq Shift transmission is highly recommended. I find the seats to be comfortable and the rear seat is much more roomy than my second choice, the Dodge Ram Crew. The transmission and ride in the F 250 are better than the Dodge as well.

Favorite Features

The powertrain is excellent. I look forward to spring when I can tow and use my boat. My '99 Expedition was very reliable and comfortable, but the torque of the diesel is impressive compared to the 5.4 liter gas engine. I also like the rearview mirrors, Ford really got these right.

Suggested Improvements

Make it so that the seats can be cleaned with standard cleaning products. Add some "niceties" to the XLT like overhead console for garage door opener and lighted mirror on passenger sun shade (available on my '99 XLT Expedition). How about a camera on rear bumper so I can see the trailer hitch?

My Big Yellow Truck
By Tanya

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I got my New tuck on my Wedding night! In front of all my friends and family. It was the best wedding gift ever. I loved too see that Ford came out with a Yellow Truck! Thanks for I love my F-250 4X4 4 door Super Duty Yellow Truck. My new hubby has a F-350 2003 and he does not like his anymore, since I got mine! Got to love a girl and her truck.

Favorite Features

Black leather, The color Yellow used for the paint.The front end -- it just looks so tough!

F250
By Michael

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Awesome truck. There is no equal.

Favorite Features

Power of the engine

Suggested Improvements

None

great truck....a real mans truck
By baker80

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

better than dodge and chevy by far i love it

Favorite Features

very powerful engine...i can haul some pretty big loads with this thing

Suggested Improvements

nothing

NEW TO THE BIG TRUCKS
By JOHN

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first big full size truck and I am truly enjoying the full power of the 6.0 diesel engine. It is smooth on the acceleration even when towing a 24 foot 5th wheel. Only have owned this vehicle for about two months but I already love the way it handles and the better than average fuel mileage for a large engine full size truck. con> The drivers seat could be more confortable, maybe it will get better with more wear. There is a clunk (sounds like the drive shaft) everytime I take of and make a left turn ... read that is normal for the F250HD Overall, I am very happy with this vehicle. It gives a quite ride, fairly good MPH, handles very will, my steering seems tight & true.

Favorite Features

POWER AND TOWING CAPACITY SMOOTH RIDE & FUEL ECONOMY FOR A FULL SIZE TRUCK

Suggested Improvements

SOFTER, MORE CONFORTABLE DRIVERS SEAT.

I own a 03 F250 XLT FX4 Extended cab
By Peter M.DuFresne

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Iown the best truck for off road driving.I live on a dirt road and I'm about a mile in.My Ford has the plow package,I purchased a BOSS Plow with the help of fords $1,000 rebate and it plows my 11 hundred ft. driveway with ease.I live in NH,in the mountains on 10 acres so I cut and burn my own wood, and my F250 FX4 is a great help in that honey do list, [with the price of home heating oil]My Ford F250 FX4 is a big part of our family cause my wife loves the truck too,plenty of room for shopping

Favorite Features

My favorite part of my Ford F250, is the whole truck! My truck's a truck,not a truck trying to be a car too!

Suggested Improvements

The F250's and the F350's should come equip with Goodyear workhorse tires as a part of FX4 off road package, the tire work's great

F-250 Lariat LT Crew Cab 4x4
By chris ramey

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned appx. 8 full size trucks since I began driving and by far this is the best riding, handling and certainly PARKING full size vehichle I've ever owned. To date I only have a couple thousand miles on the truck but I'm already impressed with the increased fuel mileage.This truck is equipped with a five speed automatic transmission and I'm currently averaging 16-17 miles per gallon around town I'm anxious to see how well it will do on a long trip. I've also been impressed with horsepower and tourque it feels far superior to the G.M "Duramax" diesel the ride is also much smoother. Ford has hit a homerun as far as I'm concerned with the new 2005 "Superduty"

Favorite Features

New smaller turning radius is wonderful in tight places I've also been impressed with increased fuel mileage