2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
My New Truck
By Bill on 02/09/05 20:37 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in a Cadillac STS for this truck. This is a different world. I look forward to getting up in the morning to drive this big truck. The speed bumps in my neighborhood are no longer huge obstacles for me to navigate. I've traded in some luxury and in return I got serious power. If John Wayne were alive, this is what he would drive.

I Love My F-250 Crew Cab Truck!
By P. Schlipf on 01/23/05 00:32 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After owning a Silverado Ex-cab for 6 years I can't imagine why we didn't buy this sooner. The F-250 Crew Cab diesel is so much fun to drive, has a huge interior space for the kids and all of our stuff, and it pulls our 27 foot camping trailer like it isn't even there! Ford outdid themselves on this beautiful truck. My Lincoln Towncar sits in the garage now that we have the F-250. The kids love to ride to school in it, and they ask me to pick them up after school in the truck because they can hear me coming around the corner. My husband flips up the rear seat and uses the back for extra cargo space, especially when it is raining. Our whole family loves this truck.

2005 Super Duty 4x4
By Cricket on 01/19/05 23:25 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Although not broken in yet, out of 8 new Ford trucks, this is the worst one for gas mileage. Only 9 mpg. Truck has manual hubs and would not stay in 4WD. A new shift assembly had to be installed with less than 1,000 miles on it. Very hard to steer in 4WD when trying to make a sharp turn in reverse. Sometimes the wheels won't move at all. The truck has 17" wheels and wide tires. The wide tires make the truck more difficult to handle when driving on snow covered roads. Power windows do not work in cold weather.

Ford F 250 Crew Cab Diesel
By Tom on 01/11/05 22:12 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this F 250 Diesel in early December of 2004. I had read of the changes for 2005 a couple of years ago and decided to wait for the 2005 model. I am glad I did. Ford made significant improvements over 2004. The ride is significantly improved thanks to the coil springs up front rather than the old leaf springs. Even for a diesel this vehicle is very quiet inside with no rattles. The drivetrain is excellent with very smooth shifts. The 5 speed Torq Shift transmission is highly recommended. I find the seats to be comfortable and the rear seat is much more roomy than my second choice, the Dodge Ram Crew. The transmission and ride in the F 250 are better than the Dodge as well.

My Big Yellow Truck
By Tanya on 12/31/04 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I got my New tuck on my Wedding night! In front of all my friends and family. It was the best wedding gift ever. I loved too see that Ford came out with a Yellow Truck! Thanks for I love my F-250 4X4 4 door Super Duty Yellow Truck. My new hubby has a F-350 2003 and he does not like his anymore, since I got mine! Got to love a girl and her truck.

F250
By Michael on 12/29/04 17:00 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Awesome truck. There is no equal.

great truck....a real mans truck
By baker80 on 12/20/04 18:13 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

better than dodge and chevy by far i love it

NEW TO THE BIG TRUCKS
By JOHN on 12/12/04 22:55 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first big full size truck and I am truly enjoying the full power of the 6.0 diesel engine. It is smooth on the acceleration even when towing a 24 foot 5th wheel. Only have owned this vehicle for about two months but I already love the way it handles and the better than average fuel mileage for a large engine full size truck. con> The drivers seat could be more confortable, maybe it will get better with more wear. There is a clunk (sounds like the drive shaft) everytime I take of and make a left turn ... read that is normal for the F250HD Overall, I am very happy with this vehicle. It gives a quite ride, fairly good MPH, handles very will, my steering seems tight & true.

I own a 03 F250 XLT FX4 Extended cab
By Peter M.DuFresne on 12/12/04 09:46 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Iown the best truck for off road driving.I live on a dirt road and I'm about a mile in.My Ford has the plow package,I purchased a BOSS Plow with the help of fords $1,000 rebate and it plows my 11 hundred ft. driveway with ease.I live in NH,in the mountains on 10 acres so I cut and burn my own wood, and my F250 FX4 is a great help in that honey do list, [with the price of home heating oil]My Ford F250 FX4 is a big part of our family cause my wife loves the truck too,plenty of room for shopping

F-250 Lariat LT Crew Cab 4x4
By chris ramey on 12/11/04 07:23 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned appx. 8 full size trucks since I began driving and by far this is the best riding, handling and certainly PARKING full size vehichle I've ever owned. To date I only have a couple thousand miles on the truck but I'm already impressed with the increased fuel mileage.This truck is equipped with a five speed automatic transmission and I'm currently averaging 16-17 miles per gallon around town I'm anxious to see how well it will do on a long trip. I've also been impressed with horsepower and tourque it feels far superior to the G.M "Duramax" diesel the ride is also much smoother. Ford has hit a homerun as far as I'm concerned with the new 2005 "Superduty"