Used 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

get the V10
By fxsti

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Very nice to drive, very comfortable on long-distance treks. Great stereo, great performance from the motor. I have owned many trucks; this one has a real "truck" feel to it, (which is why I bought it), but is much more comfortable than any I have had before it.

The brakes are amazing for a truck; the thing stops like a car.

Great mileage for a large heavy truck
By TAG

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have the 6.0 Diesel; the '05 ride is totally different from '04. It's like my brother's GMC or my passenger car . On the highway I get 20 miles per gallon and 13 to 16 in city depending on my foot. I love the power. They've taken about 10 ft off the turn radius making it much easier to park, however it is a big truck and it's a dream to drive on the highway and freeway -- you see everything.

4WD diesel, automatic, sound system terrific, a/c, power everything.

OnStar, extra storage capacity possibly under bed like Toyota, back seat could be a little more comfortable.

transmission problems
By ken

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Good truck, 5.4 powerful enough. New 5 speed auto transmission was replaced at 5,000 miles. Is starting to have the same problem (slipping) after less than 1,000 miles. Dealer said some sort of ring broke. The Lariat has great comfort features. Power back sliding window, sunroof, seat heater. Fuel economy stinks. The trip computer says I've averaged 10.6 MPG.

Power sliding back window, carrying capacity.

Fx the transmission.

Ford Got It Right
By D Madtes

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This has to be the most powerful truck I have ever owned. Equipped with the Power Stroke Diesel this truck accelerates and handles better than most gas engines. While towing a 25ft travel trailer it is easy to forget the trailer is still back there. When cruising at 65MPH and the tow haul mode set the engine is running right in its max torque range at about 1950 RPMs, while still averaging better fuel milage than my gas F-150 ever did. Ford really got it right on this set up!

The power and acceleration of the 6.0 liter diesel.

Would like to see some added options such as the availability of satellite radio and possibly a system similar to "On Star."

big yellow
By super duty

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have only had this truck for a month and have put on 3000 miles. It is extreme yellow with the Amarillo black interior. 4X4 diesel. I get 17 + mph average. It is the nicest vehicle with plenty of room. The 4 door is really great. I drove truck over the road for 35 years and figured I deserved a new pick up. I traded an '03 F-150 which was ok but if you want a brute force truck this is it. I LOVE IT! Guess I over did this write up huh!

Ultimate power, even pulling trailer in the mud.

None that I can think of.