2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Corporate Indifference
By lepeter on 04/17/05 19:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We have been disappointed in the reliability of our truck. Our truck has 12,000 miles and has been in three dealerships due to major engine failures. The first was an out-of-place snap ring in a fuel injector, the second was foreign material that destroyed the oil pump gears, and the third is a major oil leak in the oil pump area. We have been surprised that two of the dealerships only had one diesel mechanic. We have been very upset that delivery of parts takes so long from Ford. We were stranded in another state and it took three days to get an oil pump for our truck. The 1-800 Ford hot line is a joke because you get no feedback or contacts. Once you buy a Ford truck all corporate contact disappears.

WOW!
By Douglas on 03/06/05 21:32 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I ordered this truck for my construction business. Ford did not let me down. My last truck, a '92 F-150 lasted a long time. If this one does the same, I will be well and truly pleased. The power of the 6.0 diesel has been phenomenal, however a bit more mileage wouldn't hurt at all. The molded plastic steps make it VERY easy to get in and out of the tall truck. On the minus side, there is an annoying clunk when the air-conditioning compressor kicks in, and this happens during the A/C cycle and the defrost cycle. The dealer says it is normal. The brakes are a bit spongy, but will lock the tires if you press hard enough; it just takes some getting used to. Overall, I am very satisfied.

My Big Yellow Truck
By Tanya on 12/31/04 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I got my New tuck on my Wedding night! In front of all my friends and family. It was the best wedding gift ever. I loved too see that Ford came out with a Yellow Truck! Thanks for I love my F-250 4X4 4 door Super Duty Yellow Truck. My new hubby has a F-350 2003 and he does not like his anymore, since I got mine! Got to love a girl and her truck.

F250
By Michael on 12/29/04 17:00 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Awesome truck. There is no equal.

NEW TO THE BIG TRUCKS
By JOHN on 12/12/04 22:55 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first big full size truck and I am truly enjoying the full power of the 6.0 diesel engine. It is smooth on the acceleration even when towing a 24 foot 5th wheel. Only have owned this vehicle for about two months but I already love the way it handles and the better than average fuel mileage for a large engine full size truck. con> The drivers seat could be more confortable, maybe it will get better with more wear. There is a clunk (sounds like the drive shaft) everytime I take of and make a left turn ... read that is normal for the F250HD Overall, I am very happy with this vehicle. It gives a quite ride, fairly good MPH, handles very will, my steering seems tight & true.

I own a 03 F250 XLT FX4 Extended cab
By Peter M.DuFresne on 12/12/04 09:46 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Iown the best truck for off road driving.I live on a dirt road and I'm about a mile in.My Ford has the plow package,I purchased a BOSS Plow with the help of fords $1,000 rebate and it plows my 11 hundred ft. driveway with ease.I live in NH,in the mountains on 10 acres so I cut and burn my own wood, and my F250 FX4 is a great help in that honey do list, [with the price of home heating oil]My Ford F250 FX4 is a big part of our family cause my wife loves the truck too,plenty of room for shopping

good tow vehicle
By dodge on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

this truck makes an excellent tow vehicle but it handles like crap when not being used to tow or carry a load.Sometimes i feel like i'm drunk when i drive it,it;s all over the road.im hoping a new set of michelin tires will help i will keep you updated

great ford
By geronomo on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

the truck preforms great under loaded and highway driving. I pull a 29 ft. 5th wheel trailer the truck handles it with great ease and doesn't lack for power on flat land or mountain driving !