Used 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Powerstroke Problems
By Bubba

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Very comfortable and a fine looking truck whose handling is amazing for its size and weight. However with less then 65K miles the turbo has failed, the high pressure oil pump has failed, and the EGR cooler has leaked. The oil is always changed at 5000 miles (a must for this truck) and while the warranty has covered the repairs the trips to the dealer are tiresome

Comfort and room

Redesign the turbo, injectors and entire fuel delivery system

Run Away!
By Reems

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the truck new...shortly thereafter, when I would hit a bump at speed, the truck would lose steering, lose brakes, shake uncontrollably. make a sound like the end of the world. I took it in to be fixed. They claimed it was repaired 4 or 5 times!! Seriously dangerous stuff. I was bound to kill myself or someone else or whomever was driving it: my wife, mother, father-in-law. I spoke with Ford and got their TSBs...happens in a A LOT of the F250s(gas)! I asked to swap the truck out. No dice; they told me to Lemon Law it (Florida). I did...and won. Ford appealed the decision. This was about a year ago. We go trial (again) in January. When I win that case, Ford will appeal again

Silhouette of the truck

Make the truck safe.

Best truck for carrying VIP passengers
By 1960baltimore

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My 6L diesel truck has about 36k on it now, and never had an unscheduled maintenance. None of my many Toyotas were this reliable. I have always gotten around 14 to 16mpg in town (hills and stop signs and long, long red lights in Meridian, MS). On the highway, I get over 23mpg if I am driving 55mph; as little as 18mpg if I am going 80 on a windy, rainy day, empty or loaded up and trailering. I have driven it in a hurricane (here, Katrina was all-day-long 45 to 55mph and the truck never felt unstable); my work can call me out at odd hours. It seems as fast as my '06 Corvette, and is fine for 6 snooty adults! Highly recommended!

Diesel power and economy. Luxurious Lariat interior room and comfort. Reliability. Handling. Very easy to shift into 4WD. Great standard stereo and CD changer. It has a turbo, so it has to spool up for full power, but can still easily bark the tires from a stop. BTW, comes with great tires!

Ford has come up with improvements on the 2008 model I never would have thought of. I haven't driven an '08 yet, but imagine it must be perfect!

Wouldn't own anything else
By Diesel lover

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've driven this truck back and forth in Texas and enjoy every mile of it. For a 10k lb truck, she drives like a dream. I test drove the Dodge and Chevy, but neither one offered the room or options that I got with my Ford. Haven't chipped it yet, but I am still getting 15-18 in city and 25 plus on the highway, as long as you stay out of the turbo and realize what you are driving and just kick back.

The diesel, room in the back for the kids, the tough stance and feel. Most comfortable ride you are going to have.

I would put cupholders in the back on the doors.

My F 250 King Ranch Truck
By Glosser

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I found this vehicle excellent on the highway, comfort and acceleration is very good. I also found the truck to handle very nicely in town. Parking in a lot is a little difficult, but to be expected for a big truck. I have heard that Ford has a problem with this engine but this was not my experience. I am somewhat skeptical of buying another one because of the "lemon" factor. BUT mine has been very good. I have driven the new 2007 King Ranch version like mine, very little difference.

I like everything about this truck, body style, Power Stroke, King Ranch is very nice.

The 4X4 makes a noise the is concerning. I did not take mine in for the noise but a friend said they told him nothing was wrong with his for the same noise...I would rather not hear the sound of stress.