2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Diesel King Ranch
By Glenn on 05/01/06 13:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my diesel 4x4 truck for almost a year and thus far has given me perfect service...no problems whatsoever. I often pull my enclosed car trailer (about 7500 lbs.) effortlessly. I get about 14 mpg around town, 18-19 mpg on the open road doing 80 mph and around 12 mpg when towing 65-70 mph. I have the deluxe King Ranch model and is very comfortable. I regularly get compliments about the truck when getting fuel. The only thing that I would change would be not having the captain seats in the rear, but a bench seat for the sake of carrying groceries and packages inside. I also like the availability of getting 16", 18", or 20" wheels, unlike GMC/GM were only 16" wheels are offered.

Reliable Horse Hauling Vehicle, FUN
By Ford Girl on 02/08/06 19:14 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After being stranded by 3 Chevys in a row I decided to try Ford. You will never be stuck or stranded with your horse trailer again! I have gone into cornfields with a 6 horse trailer and you put this baby in 4WD and no problem. Hills are a breeze when hauling horses and I'm in the Ozarks. It comes off the dealer lot READY TO PULL! Electrical is already set up. Interior is so luxurious that I hate to get in it in muddy boots. ROOMY! When not hitched to a trailer this truck is amazing to drive. This truck is FAST off the line and I say this as a 2002 Corvette owner. So much power make sure you have ballast in back when it snows. No problem towing in bad weather. A real beast of a truck.

6.0 Liter Diesel Needs Work
By Russ on 02/01/06 17:00 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love my truck. It fits me - I'm 6' 6" and I can wear a hat in the cab. The machine drives well, is easy to maneuver and park. This is my fourth F250 diesel - all my others were the 7.3L engine. My experience with the 6.0L diesel is that it underperforms the 7.3L both in power and economy. I was used to 14.5-15.5 mpg city and 18-20 mpg highway with the 7.3L. The best I've gotten with the 6.0L is 13.0 city and 15.0 highway. The 6.0L does not accelerate as well as the 7.3L did. I'm disappointed, especially as the price of diesel has escalated out of sight. There is a recall on the ECM and I hope that resolves the performance/economy problem.

Very Good Truck
By Greg Rahn on 01/14/06 11:54 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck, it has a lot of power and rides like a car. I just wish it would get better mpg. I get about 14.5-15mpg around town.

Pleasure to drive
By Mike Price on 11/19/05 09:29 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I upgraded to from a '04 2wd F-250 to my '05 4wd. What a difference in ride and turning radius night and day. The 6.0 International Powerstroke is a pleasure to drive. I can get 21 highway and 16 city. I seldom go anywhere that someone doesn't comment on what a good looking truck it is. I do not really haul anything or use it as a work truck, inside job, except for normal homeowner or occasional fire wood work but I have always wanted a 4wd diesel 4 door truck and this one will satisfy that desire for a long time.

get the V10
By fxsti on 10/31/05 00:11 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Very nice to drive, very comfortable on long-distance treks. Great stereo, great performance from the motor. I have owned many trucks; this one has a real "truck" feel to it, (which is why I bought it), but is much more comfortable than any I have had before it.

Great mileage for a large heavy truck
By TAG on 08/31/05 18:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have the 6.0 Diesel; the '05 ride is totally different from '04. It's like my brother's GMC or my passenger car . On the highway I get 20 miles per gallon and 13 to 16 in city depending on my foot. I love the power. They've taken about 10 ft off the turn radius making it much easier to park, however it is a big truck and it's a dream to drive on the highway and freeway -- you see everything.

transmission problems
By ken on 06/04/05 00:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Good truck, 5.4 powerful enough. New 5 speed auto transmission was replaced at 5,000 miles. Is starting to have the same problem (slipping) after less than 1,000 miles. Dealer said some sort of ring broke. The Lariat has great comfort features. Power back sliding window, sunroof, seat heater. Fuel economy stinks. The trip computer says I've averaged 10.6 MPG.

Ford Got It Right
By D Madtes on 05/06/05 15:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This has to be the most powerful truck I have ever owned. Equipped with the Power Stroke Diesel this truck accelerates and handles better than most gas engines. While towing a 25ft travel trailer it is easy to forget the trailer is still back there. When cruising at 65MPH and the tow haul mode set the engine is running right in its max torque range at about 1950 RPMs, while still averaging better fuel milage than my gas F-150 ever did. Ford really got it right on this set up!

big yellow
By super duty on 04/16/05 14:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have only had this truck for a month and have put on 3000 miles. It is extreme yellow with the Amarillo black interior. 4X4 diesel. I get 17 + mph average. It is the nicest vehicle with plenty of room. The 4 door is really great. I drove truck over the road for 35 years and figured I deserved a new pick up. I traded an '03 F-150 which was ok but if you want a brute force truck this is it. I LOVE IT! Guess I over did this write up huh!