2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Awesome truck
By buddyguy on 02/28/14 06:51 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I drive my father's 2005 f250 4x4. The truck is incredibly rugged and powerful, 4x4 kicks ass! It plows snow with ease, tows a trailer like it's not even there, and is, in my opinion, pretty fast for it's size. The ford is definitely more of a work truck, but it still takes off and sounds awesome under heavy throttle. Always fires right up as it should on those 10 degree days in NH. I can't really think of any problems we've had with it, other than some brake issues caused by sitting too much.. Overall great vehicle I love it! But just remember it ain't no Prius, she is very thirsty!

Lemon
By Karianne on 09/06/10 13:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 2005 F-250 4x4 diesel that was towed out of my garage 7 weeks after buying it for electrical issues. By the beginning of 2009 it had been towed a total of about 7 times to the dealer for not starting, once was right after Ford put THEIR own batteries in it, thinking that would "fix" the issue since they believe it was the Walmart batteries that were killing the engine (even though it didn't come off the lot with Walmart batteries).

Great truck
By Chet on 09/05/10 06:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I guess I'm the lucky one. In almost 6 years of towing I had vacuum pump go out that controlled the AC flow and a tubo hose blew off. We pull a 12,000 lb. 5th wheel from Florida to the Colorado Rockies each summer and the Powerstroke Diesel is an animal. It's almost fun to pull the big passes in the mountains as well as using tow command coming down. This engine is made to pull! After the warranty expired I did an EGR delete. This has been a major weak link with the '04 and '05 Powerstroke. The last time I had service the report was the brakes, tie rods,and suspension are fine. I had the computer reset to current Ford specs and drive, not towing, with a tonneau cover and get 18 mpg hwy

F250 Violent,dangerous shaking
By scared2driveford on 06/01/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I was traveling on the I 280 south freeway with my daughter to a soccer tournament in my 2005 F250 4x4 super duty truck. We were in cruise control going approx 55 mph. We drove over what I believe was a large expansion joint on the freeway. Immediately after we traveled over joint, the vehicle start to violently shake and vibrate. After a tense moment of complete terror as the vehicle became extremely difficult to control and continued to shake violently we came to a unsafe stop on the freeway. After the complete stop, I immediately had to speed up again to prevent being rear-ended in the middle of the freeway. This vehicle is extremely dangerous and needs to be removed from the road.

Junk iron
By ROBERT on 06/28/08 22:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. It has been in the shop multiple times for suspension and mechanical problems. In 26,000 miles I have done had the steering gear box, replaced shocks, center drag link, steering stabilizer, all to no avail. The truck still has many problems that 3 Ford dealerships can't fix. At speeds of 60-70 mph if I hit a bump in the road the front end shakes so violently I have almost lost control on many occasions. It is a dangerous truck. It's stiff, it's rough. I personally hate it. This is definitely my last Ford purchase

Power Stroke Diesel = Problems
By Trixie1 on 09/07/07 23:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Drives great, tows and has enough power. However- nothing but problems with the Turbo Diesel. Had it 2 1/2 years, and in that time it has had major engine problems at least 3 times. The Turbo went out. The "viens" in the diesel colapsed. The # 6 injector failed completely while on a trip, towing a trailer. Had to get it towed from the "middle of nowhere" to the dealer to fix. Under warranty, had a deductable of $100.00. After that, they covered the cost. BUT that did not cover the tow, and it did not instill any confidence for our next trip. Not sure, but if one more thing happens, it's gonna get traded in for a Dodge. Not at all happy with the diesel engine's reliability.

First F250
By Brent on 08/01/07 18:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Had several F150s but needed something to pull my 30ft RV in the Colorado mountains. Scored a 2005 SD, SC, Lariat, FX4 LB w/33K. This is an awesome truck. 6.0L powerstroke is incredible. The truck commands the road and most nearby traffic. It's loaded with just about every option and very comfortable. Leather is top quality, roomy, eye appealing inside and out. Handles well for being as big as it is. Have only had it a short time and already getting compliments. Liked the 2005 model changes to the grill best so went with that year. Suits me just fine. If it's like my other Fords, I'll get years of reliable service.

What a great Truck
By czhcom on 07/11/06 03:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I use this truck for hauling a pickup camper that weighs about 4000 lbs. This unit works perfectly, Lots of power, easy to handle and just a great vehicle.

Loved it till I owned it
By jim on 01/13/06 21:32 PM (PST)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love the exterior, looks great. Interior was nice, but for a taller guy in the back the extended cab doesn't have all that much room. Hauling capacity is great. In the cold of north east Ohio it had a problem starting, once it started it was ok. This started at approximately 2000 miles. I took it for service and it was hooked to the diagnostic computer. Upon return I was told that until the on board computer trips the service engine light there is nothing we can do for you. When it doesn't start at all, or the light comes on, bring it back. Handling was ok. Lots of engine noise. Six speed manual transmission was nice, but clutch plate made noise sometimes upon engagement.

GREAT TRUCK!!
By Douglas on 04/24/05 08:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the first truck I can truly say meets ALL my needs and most of my wants. It is large, roomy, comfortable and powerful. With the diesel engine it doesn't even know a trailer is behind it even when the trailer is quite heavy. It is a pleasure to drive, though I do think the brakes are a bit spongy. I would also be happier with a bit more mileage from the diesel engine. All in all it is the best truck I have ever owned.