Used 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Awesome truck
By buddyguy

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I drive my father's 2005 f250 4x4. The truck is incredibly rugged and powerful, 4x4 kicks ass! It plows snow with ease, tows a trailer like it's not even there, and is, in my opinion, pretty fast for it's size. The ford is definitely more of a work truck, but it still takes off and sounds awesome under heavy throttle. Always fires right up as it should on those 10 degree days in NH. I can't really think of any problems we've had with it, other than some brake issues caused by sitting too much.. Overall great vehicle I love it! But just remember it ain't no Prius, she is very thirsty!

Favorite Features

V8 performance & sound, good looks, 4x4, large size, stereo sounds great, hauling/plowing capabilities, seating for 5, one touch driver window

Lemon
By Karianne

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 2005 F-250 4x4 diesel that was towed out of my garage 7 weeks after buying it for electrical issues. By the beginning of 2009 it had been towed a total of about 7 times to the dealer for not starting, once was right after Ford put THEIR own batteries in it, thinking that would "fix" the issue since they believe it was the Walmart batteries that were killing the engine (even though it didn't come off the lot with Walmart batteries).

Favorite Features

The truck got great gas mileage, even after we put an 8" lift on it and the power was amazing. We absolutely loved it other than it constantly dying on us. :o(

Suggested Improvements

I believe they stopped making the worthless engine that came in the 2005's and it came too late because they bought back a load of them but it's their own fault for trying to cut corners on the engine that year.

Great truck
By Chet

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I guess I'm the lucky one. In almost 6 years of towing I had vacuum pump go out that controlled the AC flow and a tubo hose blew off. We pull a 12,000 lb. 5th wheel from Florida to the Colorado Rockies each summer and the Powerstroke Diesel is an animal. It's almost fun to pull the big passes in the mountains as well as using tow command coming down. This engine is made to pull! After the warranty expired I did an EGR delete. This has been a major weak link with the '04 and '05 Powerstroke. The last time I had service the report was the brakes, tie rods,and suspension are fine. I had the computer reset to current Ford specs and drive, not towing, with a tonneau cover and get 18 mpg hwy

Favorite Features

Pulling power, tow command, mirrors, BF Goodrich tires. Good stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Too late for improvements on this model.

F250 Violent,dangerous shaking
By scared2driveford

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I was traveling on the I 280 south freeway with my daughter to a soccer tournament in my 2005 F250 4x4 super duty truck. We were in cruise control going approx 55 mph. We drove over what I believe was a large expansion joint on the freeway. Immediately after we traveled over joint, the vehicle start to violently shake and vibrate. After a tense moment of complete terror as the vehicle became extremely difficult to control and continued to shake violently we came to a unsafe stop on the freeway. After the complete stop, I immediately had to speed up again to prevent being rear-ended in the middle of the freeway. This vehicle is extremely dangerous and needs to be removed from the road.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Complete Suspension overhaul!!!!

Junk iron
By ROBERT

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. It has been in the shop multiple times for suspension and mechanical problems. In 26,000 miles I have done had the steering gear box, replaced shocks, center drag link, steering stabilizer, all to no avail. The truck still has many problems that 3 Ford dealerships can't fix. At speeds of 60-70 mph if I hit a bump in the road the front end shakes so violently I have almost lost control on many occasions. It is a dangerous truck. It's stiff, it's rough. I personally hate it. This is definitely my last Ford purchase

Favorite Features

It has plenty of towing power

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage and a better quality vechicle