Used 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

One Tough Truck
By toughtruck

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

As of Dec 2011, I have owned this truck for over six years. It was bought new and I haven't experienced any problems during this ownership. The truck is used to pull a 24ft boat, large horse/cattle trailer, and utility trailer. Excellent interior space for front and rear passengers, more than ample pulling power, smooth transmission shifting, dashboard layout is exceptional, and multiple positions for rear seat storage/hauling/seating. As some posts mentioned gas mileage - a heavy duty truck was designed for pulling and hauling which makes gas mileage secondary. My next truck will definitely be an F-250 Lariat.

Cup holders, console storage, pulling power, sound system, electric sliding rear window, quiet ride, rear seat diversified positions for passengers and carrying heavy objects, front mounted tow hooks, large outside rearview mirrors, and vehicle's computer information center.

None

Excellent truck
By bruce52

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned since new and now have 106,000 miles and still have original tires (bfg rugged trail) and brakes still look factory new. A quirk here and there but I'm looking forward to hitting 500,000

i tow a 13,500 lb fifth wheel and soon forget its back there. transmission is incredible

My Dream Truck
By Sad Johnny

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I waited years to buy my dream truck. The Ford F250 Diesel Super Duty Crew Cab. The last truck I would ever need to purchase. I just brought my truck in to the dealer, water pressure in the coolant reservoir. Service people with out looking under the hood told me what was wrong. The oil cooler and EGR cooler would need to be replaced. If not caught in time serious engine damage, head gaskets and worse $5,000 and worse. To all out there with a 6.0 diesel or thinking of buying one, consider the oil cooler a maintenance item at 50,000 miles. Have it replaced. From what I have read while learning whats wrong with my truck this is the major cause of problems on this engine. Pass it on

Diesel Disaster 6.0 Turbo
By Dave

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Ford issued a recall for diesel emissions in late 2005, and blamed Ca Air Res Board for recall. NOT TRUE! Ford issued internal recall under state statute violation, and then recalibrated all 6.0 diesels. Performance dropped, turbos started blowing, mileage in the tank, continued issues with the EGR systems and oil leaks. THESE TRUCKS ARE TERRIBLE. I paid premium money for this truck, and am now in lemon law process and Ford is fighting me back and say nothing is wrong, but at the same time gave me 200K warranty on engine.. Yeah right. Piece of crap engine and NOT what I paid for and with this recall on problems they blame on CARB, as indicated by dealers, that is a flat out lie! Stay away!

It use to be the TORQUE it had until the Ford mandated recall when performance when in the toilet! They are lying about this recall. Do a Public Records Act Request from CARB on this issue. Right there in Black and white.

Yes, stay away from the 6.0 diesel. Ford knows they have a SERIOUS problem, and that is why they are buying them back in droves.

Sweet Sorrow
By Country1

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I can say, first off, that I am satisfied with my truck for the most part. However, there are a lot of expensive parts, mainly the transmission, which sells new for around $7,000. I drove this truck for a little over a year and didn't have any trouble with it at all and when I finally did - it has been a huge ordeal since. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be anyone that has any knowledge of that style tranny. The main problem is that there are way too many electronic components, which makes it impossible for me to even work on without fear of making a small problem a huge catastrophe. Whatever happened to simplicity?

4X4 and chrome grille.

Less computers, wires, fuses, relays, electronic junk.