Used 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Awesome truck
By buddyguy

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I drive my father's 2005 f250 4x4. The truck is incredibly rugged and powerful, 4x4 kicks ass! It plows snow with ease, tows a trailer like it's not even there, and is, in my opinion, pretty fast for it's size. The ford is definitely more of a work truck, but it still takes off and sounds awesome under heavy throttle. Always fires right up as it should on those 10 degree days in NH. I can't really think of any problems we've had with it, other than some brake issues caused by sitting too much.. Overall great vehicle I love it! But just remember it ain't no Prius, she is very thirsty!

V8 performance & sound, good looks, 4x4, large size, stereo sounds great, hauling/plowing capabilities, seating for 5, one touch driver window

One Tough Truck
By toughtruck

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

As of Dec 2011, I have owned this truck for over six years. It was bought new and I haven't experienced any problems during this ownership. The truck is used to pull a 24ft boat, large horse/cattle trailer, and utility trailer. Excellent interior space for front and rear passengers, more than ample pulling power, smooth transmission shifting, dashboard layout is exceptional, and multiple positions for rear seat storage/hauling/seating. As some posts mentioned gas mileage - a heavy duty truck was designed for pulling and hauling which makes gas mileage secondary. My next truck will definitely be an F-250 Lariat.

Cup holders, console storage, pulling power, sound system, electric sliding rear window, quiet ride, rear seat diversified positions for passengers and carrying heavy objects, front mounted tow hooks, large outside rearview mirrors, and vehicle's computer information center.

None

Superduty or Superjunk
By gauner

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck cause my 84 was so tough. This one is junk. Front end speed wobbles if you hit a bump at highway speeds dealer has tried to fix "NOT". 5 power steering pumps and one gearbox. Yes it will lock up on you. If you drive a lot of dirt roads the Evap sys will suck dirt in and dispose of it in your gas tank "Yippi' Clogging fuel filters. Why cause the inlet is by the back wheels and the dirt causes the sylinoid to stick open. That is the check gas cap you keep seeing. Hyper sensitive electric gas pedal make this truck hard to drive slow. Side window scratch just from rolling them up and down. Don't put anything in the bed cause it will dent. Plows great though.

The goods. Six speed stick tranny is great for snow plowing and starting off with heavy loads. Great A/C Great Heater The bench seat is wonderful and tough. The truck operates better with heavy loads on it. You can really load this pack mule down.

Give me that old noisy power steering pump back. That sound was a ford trade mark! And it was tough. The only way to fix the speed wobble is to drive slow.55-60mph. run a hose from the Evap up to the motor compartment to keep it from sucking dirt. No Idea how to fix the ulta sensitive gas pedal.

Excellent truck
By bruce52

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned since new and now have 106,000 miles and still have original tires (bfg rugged trail) and brakes still look factory new. A quirk here and there but I'm looking forward to hitting 500,000

i tow a 13,500 lb fifth wheel and soon forget its back there. transmission is incredible

Lemon
By Karianne

2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 2005 F-250 4x4 diesel that was towed out of my garage 7 weeks after buying it for electrical issues. By the beginning of 2009 it had been towed a total of about 7 times to the dealer for not starting, once was right after Ford put THEIR own batteries in it, thinking that would "fix" the issue since they believe it was the Walmart batteries that were killing the engine (even though it didn't come off the lot with Walmart batteries).

The truck got great gas mileage, even after we put an 8" lift on it and the power was amazing. We absolutely loved it other than it constantly dying on us. :o(

I believe they stopped making the worthless engine that came in the 2005's and it came too late because they bought back a load of them but it's their own fault for trying to cut corners on the engine that year.