I have been power "stroked"
By joe on
2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)
Bought my first 1997 used F-250 diesel. $2700 injecters/$4000 transmission/a few thousand here and there for misc. After around $10,000 in repairs I thought "guess I better get rid of this truck". (and because it had developed a miss) I thought, "maybe because it was used?" So I buy a new 2004 and thought my problems are over. (some of you 6 liter owners are laughing with me (or at me) truck has 40k; been in shop between 20 to 30 times (several times there were no tickets) fuel injection problems, computer problems, turbo problems, new alternator, new fuse box, and the list goes on for miles and miles (unlike my truck, which is back- firing and missing now (3rd or 4th time in shop) Now its a quest. Junk
Favorite Features
Ford rules the interior on the crewcabs. Customers who buy crewcabs dont want 3rd door, clubcabs or extended cabs. They want supercrew cabs, the biggest selling point of my purchase. Controls are big and user friendly. Exteriors are really nice too.
Suggested Improvements
Simplify designs with the least amount of parts,sensors,etc./go old school design"with what works"and what federal emmissions will allow. Customers would rather pay a little more than to compromise dependability. Ford needs to take a chance.