2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 5.4L V8 6-speed Manual 6.9 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Expect Great Things ... For

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Review

XLT Crew Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 6-speed Manual 6.9 ft. Bed)

Expect Great Things ... For A While
By CalSurveyor on

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck was everything I thought it would be. That is until the recall notices arrived. #1 was for a transmission problem that required the dealer to keep it for four valuable workdays. Following that visit, the "check engine" light was off and on intermittently. #2 visit was for a electrical harness problem. It required another four day visit to the dealer. Again, following that visit the "check engine" light was back on -- this time for good. When I called dealer, I was required to again take it in and leave it! Unbelievable. And to top it off - the only rental car available was a compact American car. Customer service means nothing to Ford once they've got your $$.

Favorite Features

When I have it, the truck can pull my travel trailer (10,000 lbs.) very easily. Even the steepest grades are made at 60+ MPH! Four full sized doors are nice, too.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the cup holders up front. Things tend to spill or fall when the slightest bump in the road is encountered. The coffee-stained carpet up front is the result. Improved lumbar support in the driver's seat would be a nice touch, too.