Used 2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Power Stroke for Fun
By superdave

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the most responsive and fun truck on the road. The 6.0 diesel is great.

power stroke diesel

redundant a/c radio controls on steering colum, climate control

F-250 Crew Cab Diesel/Automatic
By JNeese

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Everything I expected as well as described by the dealership. Use to pull 32ft / 8000lb camper. Can hardly tell you;ve got anything behind you and the power of the diesel can not be beat.

The electric seats allow shorter members of the family the ability to reach the pedals, floor board, and still maintain a good visual all around vehicle while driving. Back up sensors are great for a vehicle with this height.

deisel computer problems
By mike casatelli

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

New Ford 6.0 deisel Harley Truck. I had the truck shut off in cruise control at 50 mph. Scared the heck out of me. I had the dealer check and found that there wasn't a operating system in the truck and it would not up load. I took it back three times and once to Myrtle Beach Ford they also said they could not up load. The truck shut off on me three more times. The milage went from 9.1 to 15.6 I was happy with that. Finally on the 5th or 6th visit they were able to upload from a satilite. The truck runs better than ever but my fuel milage went to 14.3. I really don't understand that. For a 48,900 truck these problems are driving me nuts.

nice exterior paint scheme orange and black

correct the deisl 6.0 problems

Diesel trouble
By diesel dope

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've got 4500 miles on my new F250 with the 6.0 diesel. Driving to work the other day, the engine quit. Just quit. No warning. Truck's been in the shop for over a week, and even the Ford engineers don't know what's wrong. My last F250 was gas. It ran like a Swiss watch (over 100,000 miles). Got 14 MPG on the gas V8, getting 15-16 with the diesel. $4,000 buys a lot of gas. Rear end problems too. Looks like the dealer may have to take the truck back (lemon laws). I don;t recommend the new 6.0 diesel. I should have stuck with gas...sorry now I didn't.

GO back to the old diesel, the new one's junk.

Dura what?
By greenwing

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love my new Ford. THe 6.0 Deisel is bad to the bone. It toes like an ox and has throttle response like a gas motor. I looked hard at Chevys. I pulled along side of a decked out Chevy deisel and it looked like a grocery-getter compared to mine. 45 grand is alot to spend on a truck, but when you hit the gas, you know where that extra money went.

Power train and the massive back seat.

Still has the plastic squeaks that Ford has made famous. Keyless entry should be standard on anything with that kind of a price tag.