2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
diehard ford
By andrew f. on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

i love the truck but i think the interior layout, look of it could be better . it's too plain,simple not exciting. other than that love truck, ithink it's awsome. mine is an, xlt crew cab fx4 power stroke turbo disel 6.0 liter with the torqe shift trany.

F-250
By YIANNI on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

overall A REAL FUN TO DRIVE SHARPE INTERIOR AND A SLICK SMOOTH EXTERIOR

F250 Diesel
By Westxthumper on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Its a very good looking truck, rides well on paved roads, little rougher on unpaved. Under hood is well arranged with easy access. Under frame fuel drain is a little difficult to access. Fule ecomony has been outstanding averaging 19.7 on the highway.

Needs Power and Quiet
By lokicat on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Basically a solid truck. Handles well for a large truck on road and off. Could be a lot quieter inside. CD player distracts from the noise quite well. Radio does not. Reception and clarity on the AM/FM is the worst I've had in many years. Could use more power and fuel efficiency. At purchase I decided that the deisel cost too much and the V10 was way too thirsty. BIG MISTAKE! Despite the expense, I should have sprung for the deisel.

Now I know why!
By Anthony Crisp on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I just purchased my F-250 in 10/04 and have about 2K miles on the odometer. I can already tell this truck is a keeper and feels like a long, lost friend. Since I need a tow vehicle, I splurged for the new 6.0 Diesel. Power is smooth and quiet. Tranny is great! Handling is good (for a real truck). Build quality is WAY behind the imports - sounds like tin can, low quality plastic, vinyl, rubber, carpet and leather. Although everything functions properly, it needs an updated interior - climate control, radio, navigation, etc. Do I like it? No. Do I love it? Oh yea baby!

best truck i ever bought
By jturner on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

5.32 liter is great, love this truck

F-250
By gow on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I was shocked at the fuel economy of this vehicle. It is a diesel with the manual transmission. It regularly around 20 mpg. This is better than any other vehicle that I have owned since the 80,s. That includes a T-Bird, Expedition, Mustang, Buick Century, and Explorer.

poor engine design
By dennis jones on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

vehicle will not accelerate at high elevation. injectors have come apart filling crankcase with diesel,which if not noticed in time can cause engine to over accelerate and explode.

Perfect
By Jamie Todd Marsten on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

It was the best car I've ever ever handeled! The turns, the curves, and brakes! I'd by another if could!!!

F250 Superduty -- SUPER
By Marshalluscga on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I cannot imagine anyone wanting anything else after driving mine. It handles like a dream, has all the creature comforts of most cars and can tow almost anything. In fact, when I have my 6,000 lb boat behind it, I hardly realize I am towing anything. There is simply no comparison to the F250 Superduty. Ford is king when it comes to builing a truck.