2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Review: here's to the Triton v10

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Review

here's to the Triton v10
By chomp on

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I felt the need to rate this since I found no v10 reports in here. I have only owned this a couple of weeks but enjoy it very much. The ride is stiff but what do you expect from a real truck. My previous truck was a Toyota Tundra which I liked very much but I needed a truck to haul a 5th wheel and Ford is it. No problems so far though it did come with 29 thousand miles on it. So I am hoping all the bugs are worked out. I do enjoy the the power and acceleration the 6.8 has and noticed no difference between the '04 and '06 I test drove. But it seems to take off and stop funny like on stilts or a sloppy tranny but will take that up with dealer.

6 CD changer and speakers; it kicks with Toby Keith in. Also the heated seat is nice for those cold mornings. Road noise is at a minimum which is nice.

GAS MILEAGE yes what should I expect from a v10? but 9 miles to the gallon with no load? hopefully the slight rough idle is gone with the new 3 valve series.
By llmoore1953
on 10/14/12 22:55 PM (PDT)

I have owned our pickup with the v-10 for about a year and bought it used. I mainly got for the towing ablity it has. We have a 33ft fith wheel and have a 28 ft boat that we trailer. The V-10 pulls great and does it all effortlessly. Smooth running motor and the power when i need it. Taking a trip with the trailer to southern oregon. Should all go well as long as the gas pumps dont move from the freeway.