Used 2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Get Extended Warranty
By John Urby

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After initial warranty period lapsed, I experienced several major repairs. Air conditioner ($1,500) compressor and related equipment because the front of the compressor popped off. Replaced left front wheel assembly due to grinding noise ($1,500). Oxygen sensor on exhaust went out and computer has been readjusted a couple of times. Diesel Engine (6.0) is strong, but not fuel efficient. Would recommend the purchase of an extended warranty to protect your investment. I would purchase Ford F250 again.

Added a leaf to the front suspension to support winch and replacement front bumper. Engine performance in dirt and mud is excellent. I like the locking rear tailgate.

Back seat is extremely uncomfortable for passengers. There isn't much padding.

Read This
By familyguy129

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought my truck. I bought it used as a company truck. I love the truck it is really different from the half ton GMC sierra that I was driving. My Ford is clean and looks good. It has so much power. It is quiet and does not run like a diesel. It has great pick up. I pull a large tool trailer and a large trailer usually loaded with lumber. It pulls these trailers with no problem. I often forget I even have a trailer hooked up. I love my 4X4. It has gotten me out of several sticky situations. I added some after market BF Goodrich dueller a/t tires it really looks good. I ride high and get to see things that I never would have seen in my half ton.

The large back seat is great for my kids. I like the color schemes that Ford has choosen for these trucks and also for the 2007 models.

gas?
By dsk

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great truck, but it is a truck. I have had many F-150's that were great trucks, did everything you wanted, but you couldn't plow, except with a joke plow. If you could get a little closer to 20 mpg it would be within reason. Is there an overdrive for the overdrive? You need a kidney belt just to go over a speed bump. It is nice looking, not as nice as an F-150, 1997-2003 era. It is nicer than a new F-150.

Tough, looks good and it's a Ford.

Get more mileage, put a 6 speed in it. Make the base truck an extended cab with an 8' bed.

great truck
By redwood forester

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Average just over 18 MPG; as a forester I tow very little. Mostly small city/ hilly driving. Have had no problems with the truck. My biggest gripe is the terrible turning radius, something I need out in the mountainous forests where I work.

I'd like to be able to maximize fuel economy, not power, it already has plenty of power.

F 250 Gas
By Rhino

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck overall. Diesel would be better, could not justify price increase.

Can carry all the people, dogs, or load needed.

A little more power out of the gas motor.