2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Dumped by a diesel
By Frustrated WNY on 07/22/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the 6.0L diesel, nothing but trouble; 6 injectors,1 turbo charger and exhaust tube, wiring problems at my expense now along with EGR valve, and continual door latch problems along with weather molding problems. Seems sad Ford in Detroit acknowledges problems but has no fix; told me not to drive it too much! More shopping around coming up - have had Fords for 30+ years, NO MORE. Cannot hold 65- 70mph speeds without engine shutter, no problems found by techs, and not the tires either!

Don't buy one you will be sorry
By Ralph on 07/01/06 18:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the second lemon Ford pickup I have bought and it will be the last I lost thousands of dollars on the first one, a 1983 F150; bad engine 3000 miles - in shop most of the first year I owned it or should I say it owned me. Ford was indifferent to my pleas for help then and things have not changed a bit. In 2004 bought F250 Harley Davidson model. Broke down on road first 400 miles. Been down hill ever since than with a laundry list of problems a/c blows on windshield whenever it has the mind to. Transmission slips out of gear in first, When fuel applied it bangs back hard enough to rattle your teeth. Bad tire on truck - Ford points finger at Goodyear , Goodyear points finger at Ford.

Sensei Yondan
By HarleyDavidson ed on 05/15/06 02:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I enjoy the Harley edition, Get many compliments with the color scheme.

safe powerful impressive
By john on 02/27/06 05:59 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck intimidates, nobody pulls out in front of me. The 5.4 pulls my 10,000lb low boy great. This truck is so comfortable (I have a replaced hip). The seat feels so good I don't want to ever get out of the truck.iI can't think of anything I don't like. This is like only my 17th truck, I'm keeping this one for a while.

nice
By john berens on 01/22/06 12:00 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

A lot of power in small package.Pull a 34 footer and does a fine job. No real problems other then 2 recalls. Love the auto transmission with brake. It`s like a car to drive very responsive and braking is great.

Great Truck
By Richard Yager on 12/30/05 13:06 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I tow a 10000+LB RV 90% of the time. My truck has the 6L diesel TS transmission. It is a super performer and handling truck. Love it. PS Do not like the low speed noise.

2004 Ford F-250 6.0 Liter Diesel
By Ken on 11/05/05 16:19 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle due to the emissions testing. But I never dreamed the truck would have this much torque and comfortable riding being an 8800 lb truck. I highly recommend the F250 Super Duty.

here's to the Triton v10
By chomp on 09/14/05 00:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I felt the need to rate this since I found no v10 reports in here. I have only owned this a couple of weeks but enjoy it very much. The ride is stiff but what do you expect from a real truck. My previous truck was a Toyota Tundra which I liked very much but I needed a truck to haul a 5th wheel and Ford is it. No problems so far though it did come with 29 thousand miles on it. So I am hoping all the bugs are worked out. I do enjoy the the power and acceleration the 6.8 has and noticed no difference between the '04 and '06 I test drove. But it seems to take off and stop funny like on stilts or a sloppy tranny but will take that up with dealer.

Expect Great Things ... For A While
By CalSurveyor on 08/25/05 12:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck was everything I thought it would be. That is until the recall notices arrived. #1 was for a transmission problem that required the dealer to keep it for four valuable workdays. Following that visit, the "check engine" light was off and on intermittently. #2 visit was for a electrical harness problem. It required another four day visit to the dealer. Again, following that visit the "check engine" light was back on -- this time for good. When I called dealer, I was required to again take it in and leave it! Unbelievable. And to top it off - the only rental car available was a compact American car. Customer service means nothing to Ford once they've got your $$.

Powerstroke - Ford #1 priority is not quality
By Gary-Calif on 07/17/05 18:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought a F250 Crew SB 4x4 in 9/04. Since 4/05; replaced front hubs (not releasing), replaced whole transmission even after recall fix was made 2 months earlier. Now in shop for engine problems, no power & thick black smoke. The 2004 has POOR turning radius, 2005 is smaller. Dealer has been great, but I think I got a LEMON! The diesel has the power but my unit does not instill confidence on a long trip. I've just been lucky my major part failures happened close to home. I used to trust Ford and recommend Ford, but not anymore.