2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Awesome Truck
By MrSmokes73 on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

It drives like a truck. Has a little bit of a stiff ride, but, its a truck. The performance is GREAT. I love the truck. Towing capacity has been awesome. Would highly recommend it.

Bought to work & play
By Countryeyes4U on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Searched and compared. Have a 2 horse straight pull trailer with dressing room to tow. Trailer GVW at 7,000 lbs. Ordered F-250 with 3:73 gears, tows very well and gets better than average milage for it's size. Solid and hefty. Handles the trailer nicely and was ordered to do so. Rides well either empty or working with a load.

Enjoy my 250
By Barton on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

great all around truck

Diesel trouble
By diesel dope on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've got 4500 miles on my new F250 with the 6.0 diesel. Driving to work the other day, the engine quit. Just quit. No warning. Truck's been in the shop for over a week, and even the Ford engineers don't know what's wrong. My last F250 was gas. It ran like a Swiss watch (over 100,000 miles). Got 14 MPG on the gas V8, getting 15-16 with the diesel. $4,000 buys a lot of gas. Rear end problems too. Looks like the dealer may have to take the truck back (lemon laws). I don;t recommend the new 6.0 diesel. I should have stuck with gas...sorry now I didn't.

What a truck!
By Truckin' on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've been planning on buying a new truck for a year now. Have always loved Ford's trucks and I think the F-250 is as good-looking as any out there. The 6.0 turbo-diesel is awesome! The noise level is very acceptable (i.e. quiet) the ride height of the 4WD crew cab is great and the power.....FANTASTIC! I've only burned half a tank so can't give mileage figures, but my Lariat's onboard computer says I'm getting 15mpg and half of my miles have been stop and go in town. The other half is split between interstate and country backroads. The fold down platforms under the rear seats provide a perfectly flat storage area. Not cheap, but worth every penny!

F250 4x4
By Copeman on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

i use this truck as a daily driver. it is very competent, acclerates well, gives a commanding view of the road. steering is vague (4x4 solid axle). it uses great amounts of gas, but this is expected of such a large 4wd truck.

build ford tuff
By lwdavis on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

the greatest truck i ahve ever owned

Still love ford dont love this truck
By sellinITsoonasPossib on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

the gas milage is pretty bad, dont buy this truck if you need to go a lot of places. Its great for towing and hauling, i would be totally satisfied with this truck if i would have bought the diesel, better milage and more power. my suggestion is buy the diesel

6.0L PowerStroke
By Green_Mule on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have 5500 miles on my 2004 F-250 Super Duth Super Cab. Great truck. Avg. fuel mileage 17.2 city 20 mpg hyway @ 70 mph. Excellent power, very smooth and quite. Towing mirrors really let you see every thing behind you. Purchased just before a very bad ice & snow storm. 4X4 works great. Reverse aid sensors are a great feature.

i love my truck
By deanna on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

love it no complaints