2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
Do Not Buy
By das 1 on 09/29/08 10:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased this truck brand new. Will never buy another Ford for any reason. 3 months after purchase the power steering would go OUT every time you stepped on the brake which made it impossible to drive in a parking lot or with a heavy load. Complained to dealer & Ford rep they refused to fix an obvious flaw. I also was afraid to drive the truck with any heavy loads because of the brake/steering problem. Explained to Ford & Dealer that this could seriously injure someone and they could care less. Finally got tired of fighting with them and traded for a different brand of truck.

I have been power "stroked"
By joe on 06/20/08 22:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XL 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my first 1997 used F-250 diesel. $2700 injecters/$4000 transmission/a few thousand here and there for misc. After around $10,000 in repairs I thought "guess I better get rid of this truck". (and because it had developed a miss) I thought, "maybe because it was used?" So I buy a new 2004 and thought my problems are over. (some of you 6 liter owners are laughing with me (or at me) truck has 40k; been in shop between 20 to 30 times (several times there were no tickets) fuel injection problems, computer problems, turbo problems, new alternator, new fuse box, and the list goes on for miles and miles (unlike my truck, which is back- firing and missing now (3rd or 4th time in shop) Now its a quest. Junk

A big truck
By turkeymon on 06/09/08 02:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a big truck with a lot of room inside. The fuel mileage really surpised me. I am getting 20+ mpg on the highway. I have the 5.4 motor, which has plenty of power for what I do. It is a great looking truck.

4dr 4x4 F-250
By don carson on 05/26/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Most dependable and comforable and powerful truck I've ever owned. I have owned 5 Dodge trucks and 6 Chevrolet trucks. Wish I would have bought a Ford F-250 6.0 diesel before now.

If you want to move the heaven and earth
By SooperDooty on 05/19/08 19:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck to tow my 5th wheel RV. I've towed with several Expeditions in the past, this is my first diesel! Kudo's to Ford, the top selling pickup in the world...why? Because it gives you what you want a truck for. Towing, working, playing, great performance, great quality, no problems, reliable and good fuel economy! Try towing a 11,000 lb trailer with a Honda or Toyota! Not! All I've had to do as far as maintainance is oil changes, fluid changes, tires, batteries, etc. No reliability issues what so ever. Truck looks great, accelerates like a bull charging a matador, and gets twice the mileage as the Expedition I used to tow with. Seats 6 full size adults, too!

Get Extended Warranty
By John Urby on 02/19/08 08:38 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

After initial warranty period lapsed, I experienced several major repairs. Air conditioner ($1,500) compressor and related equipment because the front of the compressor popped off. Replaced left front wheel assembly due to grinding noise ($1,500). Oxygen sensor on exhaust went out and computer has been readjusted a couple of times. Diesel Engine (6.0) is strong, but not fuel efficient. Would recommend the purchase of an extended warranty to protect your investment. I would purchase Ford F250 again.

Read This
By familyguy129 on 04/10/07 19:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought my truck. I bought it used as a company truck. I love the truck it is really different from the half ton GMC sierra that I was driving. My Ford is clean and looks good. It has so much power. It is quiet and does not run like a diesel. It has great pick up. I pull a large tool trailer and a large trailer usually loaded with lumber. It pulls these trailers with no problem. I often forget I even have a trailer hooked up. I love my 4X4. It has gotten me out of several sticky situations. I added some after market BF Goodrich dueller a/t tires it really looks good. I ride high and get to see things that I never would have seen in my half ton.

gas?
By dsk on 10/20/06 09:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great truck, but it is a truck. I have had many F-150's that were great trucks, did everything you wanted, but you couldn't plow, except with a joke plow. If you could get a little closer to 20 mpg it would be within reason. Is there an overdrive for the overdrive? You need a kidney belt just to go over a speed bump. It is nice looking, not as nice as an F-150, 1997-2003 era. It is nicer than a new F-150.

great truck
By redwood forester on 10/19/06 22:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Average just over 18 MPG; as a forester I tow very little. Mostly small city/ hilly driving. Have had no problems with the truck. My biggest gripe is the terrible turning radius, something I need out in the mountainous forests where I work.

F 250 Gas
By Rhino on 08/16/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck overall. Diesel would be better, could not justify price increase.