2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
6.0 Diesel Blows Heads
By Greg on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Any web search of the infamous Ford Diesel will let you know, its not if but when you will be spending a lot of bucks to rebuild the engine. Removal of the entire cab is necessary to gain entry to the engine. A defective EGR, Oil Cooler or over boosting Turbo Charger are all blamed for the head bolts stretching, and allowing the heads to left when the compression gets too great. The fix is spending $3,000 to $8,000 for new head gaskets, checking or replacing the heads, $1,000 to rebuild the Turbo. Replace the oil cooler and EGR, just in case. The 2008-2010 get terrible gas mileage and the 2011 needs a urea tank filled every 3,000 miles

Great Truck, Tempermental Motor
By John on 07/26/10 06:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We lived at 8500' elev. when I bought the this truck w/6.0 Diesel. It produces a lot of power at hi elevation. Easily hauls a 3 ton Bobcat on utility trailer up hill. The injectors are sensitive to dirty oil and fuel. Had to replace injectors after ruining them with biodiesel extended oil changes. Upgraded to Elite Diesel Stage 1 inj and new flash. Now change oil every 3000 mi or less, use Seafoam fuel treatment, and engine is much happier. Burnt up one alternator at 84,000 miles. Replaced it myself in 10 minutes for $200. No other repair problems. Mileage around town is 16-17 mpg. Highway is 22-26 and truck is comfortable on long trips.

My F-250
By Ted Hendrickson on 11/06/09 11:06 AM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Had A Dodge with gas engine, this truck is a much better puller, and outperforms the Dodge on every level

nice
By john berens on 01/22/06 12:00 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

A lot of power in small package.Pull a 34 footer and does a fine job. No real problems other then 2 recalls. Love the auto transmission with brake. It`s like a car to drive very responsive and braking is great.

Great Truck
By Richard Yager on 12/30/05 13:06 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I tow a 10000+LB RV 90% of the time. My truck has the 6L diesel TS transmission. It is a super performer and handling truck. Love it. PS Do not like the low speed noise.

2004 Ford F-250 6.0 Liter Diesel
By Ken on 11/05/05 16:19 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle due to the emissions testing. But I never dreamed the truck would have this much torque and comfortable riding being an 8800 lb truck. I highly recommend the F250 Super Duty.

here's to the Triton v10
By chomp on 09/14/05 00:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I felt the need to rate this since I found no v10 reports in here. I have only owned this a couple of weeks but enjoy it very much. The ride is stiff but what do you expect from a real truck. My previous truck was a Toyota Tundra which I liked very much but I needed a truck to haul a 5th wheel and Ford is it. No problems so far though it did come with 29 thousand miles on it. So I am hoping all the bugs are worked out. I do enjoy the the power and acceleration the 6.8 has and noticed no difference between the '04 and '06 I test drove. But it seems to take off and stop funny like on stilts or a sloppy tranny but will take that up with dealer.

F-250
By woody on 03/07/05 23:02 PM (PST)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love the Powerstroke turbo diesel. The Super Cab is roomy and comfortable. The ride is great; very smooth in 2WD. Overall I am very satisfied.

looks and rides like winner
By bigfoot2 on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I like my 2004 ford truck for it's style,confert, and tuffness.

F250 xlt 5.4 ext cab long bed
By Danp on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Good truck overall. The brakes are exellent, interior is spacious and well thought of. My only main complaint would be the fuel effiency. Driving carefully in the city I dont get much more than 10 mpg. I would by this truck again if I had to.