2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:
If you want to move the heaven and earth
By SooperDooty on 05/19/08 19:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck to tow my 5th wheel RV. I've towed with several Expeditions in the past, this is my first diesel! Kudo's to Ford, the top selling pickup in the world...why? Because it gives you what you want a truck for. Towing, working, playing, great performance, great quality, no problems, reliable and good fuel economy! Try towing a 11,000 lb trailer with a Honda or Toyota! Not! All I've had to do as far as maintainance is oil changes, fluid changes, tires, batteries, etc. No reliability issues what so ever. Truck looks great, accelerates like a bull charging a matador, and gets twice the mileage as the Expedition I used to tow with. Seats 6 full size adults, too!

Dumped by a diesel
By Frustrated WNY on 07/22/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the 6.0L diesel, nothing but trouble; 6 injectors,1 turbo charger and exhaust tube, wiring problems at my expense now along with EGR valve, and continual door latch problems along with weather molding problems. Seems sad Ford in Detroit acknowledges problems but has no fix; told me not to drive it too much! More shopping around coming up - have had Fords for 30+ years, NO MORE. Cannot hold 65- 70mph speeds without engine shutter, no problems found by techs, and not the tires either!

Expect Great Things ... For A While
By CalSurveyor on 08/25/05 12:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This truck was everything I thought it would be. That is until the recall notices arrived. #1 was for a transmission problem that required the dealer to keep it for four valuable workdays. Following that visit, the "check engine" light was off and on intermittently. #2 visit was for a electrical harness problem. It required another four day visit to the dealer. Again, following that visit the "check engine" light was back on -- this time for good. When I called dealer, I was required to again take it in and leave it! Unbelievable. And to top it off - the only rental car available was a compact American car. Customer service means nothing to Ford once they've got your $$.

F-250 TURBO DIESEL 6.0L AUTO CREWCAB
By ROADTURTLE on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

THIS DIESEL HAS MORE POWER, AND MORE TORQUE THAN ANY TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED. IT'S GETTING 15 MPG AROUND TOWN. I HAVE ONLY 600 MILES ON IT SO FAR. FUN TO DRIVE, QUICK, RIDES GOOD, BUILD QUALITY IS EXCELLENT. THE CREW CAB 4 DOOR IS GREAT FOR HAULING ALL OF MY GRANDCHILDREN AROUND. TOWS MY TOY TRAILER WITH EASE.SO QUIET INSIDE YOU FORGET ITS A DIESEL. BEST OF ALL I SAVE ABOUT 20 CENTS A GALLON OFF FROM REGULAR GAS, AND GET BETTER GAS MILEAGE. 5 YEAR 100,000 MILE DRIVETRAIN WARRANTY IS GREAT. I LOVE IT.