2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Review: Real man's truck

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Consumer Review

Lariat SuperCab (5.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Manual 6.9 ft. Bed)

Real man's truck
By James Cluff on

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have driven pick up truck for most of my adult life and have had three Fords. So far the F-250, 7.3L, Lariat has been the best of the lot when it comes to perfomance, comfort, ride, style and just plain mojo. It looks like a truck, rides, like a truck, pulls like a semi but gets great fuel (diesel) mileage. My last truck, an F- 150 supercab, gas, ran for almost 235,000 miles before I sold it so it remains to be seen if the F-250 is that durable and reliable. We will see if Ford still builds their trucks "Ford Tough" or it is just a bunch of hype and hot air.

Seats are very comfortable. Love the four doors and fold up rear seats. Great Stereo. Fuel mileage has been 18-19 Mpg. I like the high ride. I like the pulling power (of course Mpg goes down).

A darker tint on the side windows. Rear cab fold down for longer loads would be a great feature (think avalanche) A diesel maintenance quick reference. The A/C needs more btu's, down south it is just not enough for the hot days.