My truck
By MyFavorite on
2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)
This is my third Ford truck and they just keep getting better. The only regret that I have is that I did not buy one with the V-10 or diesel, instead of the 5.4 V-8. It runs great until you tow a trailer with it. Then you have to disable the overdrive and suffer the loss of gas mileage. I get about 13 in town and 16 highway, empty, but only about 9 towing our small 21' camper. My friend's F-350 with 7.3L gets over 15mpg towing nearly anything. I feel a 2005 diesel and Tow Command in my near future ! Ford Credit, here I come again!
Favorite Features
Interior quality much superior to Dodge or Chevy 2500 series trucks. Seems able to perform any task. Looks great! mine is Black/Silver accent/Aluminum wheels/black tonneau cover/tinted glass all the way around/white letter Pirelli's. I even get "nice truck" from drivers of other brands.
Suggested Improvements
Don't offer the 5.4 in a truck this big. A V-10 should be standard and the 6.0L diesel optional. Tighten up the steering response a little. It feels as though the front steering is connected to the steering wheel with a big rubber band. My F150 was much more responsive and easier to drive.